Newly Added - Fellowship Curriculum: Educational objectives wherein graduating trauma fellows are expected to demonstrate competence. This curriculum also includes links to resource articles that have been vetted by EVBQS Committee.
AAOS BOS Fellowship Committee Webinar: Pearls for Fellowship Programs on Virtual Interviewing - October 5, 2020
Fellowship Program Director Recorded Webinar - September 10, 2020
OTA Fellowship Program Requirements - Revised July 2020 (Removed Clinical membership category from both Program Director and Core Faculty)
Core Case List - Revised July 2020
Save the Date ~ Annual Meeting in Fort Worth, TX
Fellowship Graduation Reception, Wednesday, October 20 from 5:00 - 6:30 PM CDT
Program Directors Meeting, Thursday, October 21 from 10:00 - 11:00 AM CDT
Fellowship Match Information
Virtual Information Sessions OTA will not mandate the dates/times of the sessions, but we ask that each program send their schedule to Rachel O'Connell so we can keep one master calendar posted on the Prospective Fellows page of the OTA website. We suggest recording at least one session and provide the recording link to OTA. This will be posted on the same page of the OTA website. Programs should send their information session schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following: date, time (include time zone), link and a contact person (include an email or phone#). We encourage programs to run their information sessions from September 1 – October 30; Fellowship Committee may decide to exercise more control of the dates that are around the OTA Virtual AM.
Registration for applicants for the 2021 Match will open on August 3, 2020. Programs should make sure their profiles are updated by then.
Any post-Match vacancies are posted on the SF Match Website.
Program vacancies are posted on the SF Match Website - Programs should manage postings on their own - Program Instructions for Vacancies (Aug 2019)
Match overview, Application, Timeline, Open Positions, Rules and FAQ's can be found on the Sf Match Website. If you have questions that pertain to the Match Website, please email email@example.com
Program directors and program coordinators have access to their trauma fellow case logs. It is accessed by logging onto the OTA website.
Fellows participating in an OTA Accredited Fellowship Program will submit a case log to the OTA online case recording database. Fellows will record only cases in which they are primary surgeon or first assistant (actively participate). For multiple procedure cases, the fellow may list each unique procedure separately. The fellowship director will enforce full compliance with completion of this log. Completed case logs will be due July 31st. Each fellow must log a minimum of 600 cases (CPT Codes)over the academic year from the qualifying trauma case list as noted in the requirements.
The fellowship committee will review the case logs on an annual basis. The total number of cases and types of cases will be reviewed. In addition to the total number of trauma cases, the core trauma cases will be evaluated and it is expected that all fellows meet the minimums in most if not all categories.
- Case Log - login to enter case data or to access case log reporting tools.
- Case Log Instructions
- Instructions on How to Pull Case Log Reports - For program directors and coordinators; for current and past fellows
For assistance with case logs contact Rachel O'Connell.
'The Business of Orthopaedics' Webinar - Recording January 2019 (CME not awarded for recording)
Target Audience: Current Fellows and Recently Graduated Fellows
Moderator: Yelena Bogdan, MD
Faculty: Michael Suk, MD; J. Tracy Watson, MD; Peter Althausen, MD
Fellowship Program Directory
Search and view Fellowship Program information using the links below.
- Fellowship Directory - Search the full directory by using the '%' as a wild card character, or refine your search by using the program name or state.
- Instructions to Update Program Profile
Funding for Fellowships
- Fellowship Accreditation Guidelines - Revised 2020
- Fellowship Compliance Guidelines
- BOS Match Code of Conduct
Program Accreditation Renewals / Timeline
- Fellowship committee initial review call – first week of September (after Labor Day holiday)
- Follow up letter sent to any programs with deficiencies / issues (within 5 days of the call)
- Allow programs 3 weeks to draft a reply to the committee
- Review follow up documents at the Fellowship Committee Meeting at OTA Annual Meeting
- Approval Letters and invoices to go out after Annual Meeting
Documents for review: Case logs, post fellow survey, PD survey, attestation letters
- Attestation letters sent early May – Due early June
- Post Fellow Survey sent mid-June – Due mid-July
- PD Survey sent mid-June – Due end of July
- Case Log Reports - OTA to provide
Additional Funding Resources
The information found on the directory is provided to OTA by the fellowship programs.
Fellowship Career Survey
You will find here the results of a post fellows survey that was sent to all fellows completing a trauma fellowship between the years of 2011-2015. It provides information on their job, practice setting and preparation for fellowship.