OTA MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
I forgot my member log-in. What should I do?
Click Member Login. You will be prompted to create a new password.
What is the Emeritus Membership category? Can I apply?
An applicant cannot apply for Emeritus membership; it is for current OTA members to transition to at retirement or reaching the age of 68 years old. OTA Membership for at least 5 years is required before one can transition to Emeritus membership. Emeritus members do not pay dues. Emeritus members receive all member benefits; aside from the paper mailed JOT and voting privileges. Emeritus members may purchase a JOT mailed subscription at the discounted OTA member rate. Per the bylaws; a member must state in writing to the OTA BOD the intent to transition to Emeritus membership. Email letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I thought I got the JOT with OTA membership?
The JOT (both paper and online) is included with the following member categories: Active, Associate, Clinical, Research and Post-Candidates paying $650 dues. Any member may order a mailed JOT subscription via link below. Cost for 12 mailed Issues/Year, January - December is $90.
I was; but am no longer receiving the JOT. Why?
A. Did you move? You must contact JOT with change of email or mailing address. Toll-free USA: 866.489.0443
B. Subscriptions run from January - December of each year. Check your member invoice history to determine when you purchased your subscription.
C. Are your dues paid? Subscriptions may be suspended for overdue dues.
What is the OTA AFA Award?
The Community Surgeon Achievement Award was co-founded by the Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) and the American Fracture Association (AFA) in 2016. This prestigious award honors one OTA Member each year whom demonstrate the following::
a. Demonstrated outstanding community orthopaedic contributions
b. Dedicated his/her professional life to excellence in research and education at all community levels
c. Personal qualities of integrity, compassion and leadership
Read more here by opening up link..
My CME's from the OTA Annual Meeting, are not showing up on my AAOS Transcripts. Why?
Does your OTA account include your AAOS ID? DId you "claim" your CME
Claiming CME and Printing your AAOS Transcripts -
- Log into your AAOS Account
- From the “Education” tab’s dropdown menu click on the “CME Transcript” link
- Once on the My CME Transcript page, select the “Update and Claim CME Credits” option (do not select the print CME option at this time)
- On this same page, select the date range (begin year, end year)
- Click on the “continue” button
- On the CME details page, scroll down to see your completed activities
- Please type in the “hours of participation” for each activity not claimed
- For each activity you are claiming, click on the “CLAIM” button.
- To print, scroll to the top and select “Print Official Transcript”
- Select the date range (begin year, end year)
- Click on the “PRINT” button
- When your official transcript appears (in pdf format), PRINT for your records. You may also save this pdf document to your computer for future reference.
6. Who qualifies to be nominated for the Membership Committee, the Nomination Committee or the OTA Board of Directors?
Active and Research OTA Members (updated 10/11/2019)