- Citizen or practice in the US or Canada
- 1 Sponsor Form* from Active or Research member. One needs to be from different organization than applicant.
- Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, or the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada-Orthopaedics and hold a current certificate.
- Be a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Canadian Orthopaedic Association or a Diplomat of the American Osteopathic Association.
- Lead author of one or co-author of three publications (timeline of publication restrictions no longer applies)
- Spend 50% of time in clinical practice, teaching or research regarding trauma matters
Current member transitioning to Active from Clinical or Candidate must submit one sponsor form and will not pay the $50 application fee.