OTA is proud to announce Humanitarian scholarships!
The OTA will award up to three scholarships funded by the Wyss Foundation, Dr. Todd Mailly and several other individual donors.
- Scholarships are awarded to eligible orthopaedic surgeons from countries with limited resources (determined by the World Bank country classifications).
- Scholarships are merit based and will be awarded to the primary author of the selected abstracts submitted to the OTA Annual Meeting.
- Applicants are ranked on the quality of their abstract as well as their potential contribution to the development of orthopaedic care in their home country.
- Individuals should have completed their Orthopaedic training, and show promise as leaders, educators, and researchers.
- Funding covers travel to the OTA Annual Meeting as well as a 3 to 5 day observership at a US Institution.
- New! Includes a one-year of full access to OTA Online.
Meet the 2019 Scholarship Recipient
DR. LINda chokotho
Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon
Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital, Malawi
Observation at: Denver Health and Hospital
2018 Scholarship Recipients
Dr. Billy Haonga - OTA Member
Head of Orthopaedic Trauma Dept. at Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, Africa
Observation at: IGOT/OTI/UCSF (Institute for Global Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, University of California, San Francisco)
Kisitu Kyengera, MD
Observation at Shock Trauma, Baltimore MD