OTA Pre-Meeting Event Course Co-Chair
Volunteer Positions Open for 2021 Courses
The following OTA Annual Meeting Pre-Meeting Courses have open 2021 Course Co-Chair positions.
- Orthopaedic Trauma Boot Camp
- Orthopaedic Trauma for NP’s and PA’s (2 positions open: 1 Ortho Trauma Surgeon, 1 PA/NP position)
- Young Practitioner’s Forum
- Pelvis and Acetabulum Course
- Soft Tissue Coverage Skills Course
- OTA Member Fireside
Co-Chair Position Description:
- Collaborate with the Chair in setting the course educational agenda and teaching format (ie, lectures, case discussions, labs, etc.).
- Analyze course evaluations and feedback, and seek opportunities for course enhancements annually.
- Recruit a diverse faculty of content experts with strong teaching/educator skills.
- Provide pre-course and onsite course leadership and oversight.
- Rotate to the position of Course Chair the following year.
- One year as co-chair with the following year as chair
- The position includes several hours of time leading up to the meeting for agenda development and faculty recruitment, possible conference call(s), and attendance of the 1 – 1.5 day course.
- Current OTA member
- Orthopaedic faculty/educator experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience