2021 OTA Committee Vacancies
The following committees have vacancies. Click the button below to apply for a position.
- Bylaws (Member position open)
- EBQVS (Member position open)
- Education (Chair position and Member position open)
- Fellowship Match Compliance (Chair position open)
- Health Policy (Chair position and Member position open)
- Humanitarian (Chair position and Member position open)
- International (Member position open)
- Online Discussion Forum (Member positions open)
- Program, Annual (Annual Meeting committee member and co-chair position open)
- Publications (Resident Member position open)
- Public Relations (Resident Member position open)
- Research (2 Member positions open)
- Video Library (Member position open)
- NEW! Young Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeons Committee (YOTS)
OTA Pre-Meeting Event Course Co-Chair
Volunteer Positions Open for 2022 Courses
December 14, 2020
The following OTA Annual Meeting Pre-Meeting Courses have open 2021 Course Co-Chair positions.
- Orthopaedic Trauma Boot Camp
- Orthopaedic Trauma for NP’s and PA’s (2 positions open: 1 Ortho Trauma Surgeon, 1 PA/NP position)
- Young Practitioner’s Forum
- Pelvis and Acetabulum Course
- Soft Tissue Coverage Skills Course
- OTA Member Fireside
Co-Chair Position Description:
- Collaborate with the Chair in setting the course educational agenda and teaching format (ie, lectures, case discussions, labs, etc.).
- Analyze course evaluations and feedback, and seek opportunities for course enhancements annually.
- Recruit a diverse faculty of content experts with strong teaching/educator skills.
- Provide pre-course and onsite course leadership and oversight.
- Rotate to the position of Course Chair the following year.
- One year as co-chair with the following year as chair
- The position includes several hours of time leading up to the meeting for agenda development and faculty recruitment, possible conference call(s), and attendance of the 1 – 1.5 day course.
- Current OTA member
- Orthopaedic faculty/educator experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience