Trauma Match Resources
The 2019 orthopaedic trauma fellowship match will open on August 6, 2018 for trauma fellowships beginning in August 2020. The target deadline to complete your application is September 6, 2018, for applicants wishing to participate in interviews at the OTA Annual Meeting October 17-19th in Orlando. The application deadline is November 1, 2018. Please refer to the 2019 Match Calendar for other important dates.
The majority of the trauma fellowship programs will host an informational session at the OTA Annual Meeting from the dates of October 17-19; The sessions begin at 6 am and end at 6 pm, sessions are run in hourly increments. It is possible to attend the informational sessions without an OTA Annual Meeting badge. If you are interested in attending some part of the Annual Meeting, you will need a badge and OTA will offer a reduced rate registration of $250. All of this information will be sent to PGY4's who have registered for the Match.
The application can be obtained on the SF Match website.
To register you can go to the Sf Match webpage (link above) and click on the 'register' button located on the top right hand side of the page. Registration fees will be dependent upon how many programs you would like to submit your application to.
Fellowship Match and Application Process
- SF Match Website - Match overview, Application, Timetable, Open Positions, Rules and FAQ's.
- Letter of Recommendation Form This is an optional form that the can be used in lieu of a letter.
- Orthopaedic Trauma Match Report 2010-2018
- Tips for Applicants (Choosing a program, Application Process and Questions to Ask)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship Match - Codes of Conduct
- AAOS: Education Opportunities for Trauma
- AAOS Webinar: Tips for the Orthopaedic Fellowship Year (Found under the Career Center Videos Tabs)
Fellowship Program Directory
Search and view fellowship program information using the links below.