- Be a citizen of or practice in the US or Canada
- Upload one Sponsor Form* from Active or Research member
- Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, or the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada-Orthopaedics and hold a current certificate.
- Be a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Canadian Orthopaedic Association or a Diplomat of the American Osteopathic Association
- Have served as the lead author of at least one, or co-author of at least three scientific publication(s) in the field of or related to orthopaedic trauma, published in a peer reviewed journal. (Timeline of publication restrictions no longer applies)
- Spend 50% of time in clinical practice, teaching and/or research regarding matters directly related to orthopaedic traumatology
- Maintain a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the US or Canada, or give evidence of full-time medical service in the federal government, which does not require licensure
- At the time of application for Active membership, the applicant must be actively participating in their hospital call panel and personally provide emergency on-call services
Current member transitioning to Active from Clinical or Candidate must submit one sponsor form and will not pay the $50 application fee.