GRANT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED for the 2019-2020 Academic Cycle
All Programs have been notified of 2019-2020 Grant Awards - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive notification of your grant application.
The next COTA Grant Application will open in November 2019.
Programs will be notified in April 2019 of award status.
CPT Code Summary Report Template - Required for COTA Grant Application Submission
For questions about the COTA Grant, contact Rachel O'Connell at email@example.com.
COTA is grateful for the financial support for the 2019-2020 awards
COTA 2019-2020 Academic Year Fellowship Program Awards:
- Allegheny Health Network, Gregory Altman, MD, Director
- Carolinas Medical Center, Madhav Karunakar, MD, Director
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Milton T. Little, MD, Director
- Combined Mass General and Brigham and Women’s Hospitals, Michael Weaver, MD, Director
- Cooper University Hospital / Cooper University Medical School at Rowan University, Rakesh Mashru, MD, Director
- Detroit Medical Center / Wayne State University, Rahul Vaidya, MD, Director
- Duke University, Rachel Reilly, MD, Director
- Georgia Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, Lawrence X. Webb, MD, Director
- Greenville Health System, Kyle Jeray, MD, Director
- Hospital for Special Surgery, David Helfet, MD, Director
- Hughston Foundation , John C.P. Floyd, MD, Director
- IU Methodist Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Greg Gaski, MD, Director
- Los Angeles County / USC Medical Center, Jackson Lee, MD, Director
- Orlando Regional Medical Center, George Haidukewych, MD, Director
- OrthoIndy, Timothy G. Weber, MD, Director
- Reno Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Timothy Bray, MD, Director
- San Diego Trauma Fellowship, Jeffrey Smith, MD, Director
- Sonoran Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Gilbert Ortega, MD, Director
- Stanford University, Michael Bellino, MD, Director
- St. Louis University Orthopaedic Traumatology Fellowship, Daemeon Nicolau, MD, Director
- Tampa General Hospital, Roy Sanders, MD, Director
- University of California, Davis, Sacramento, Mark Lee, MD, Director
- University of California, San Diego, Alexandra Schwartz, MD, Director
- University of California, San Francisco, Theodore Miclau III, MD, Director
- University of Maryland, R. Adam Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Robert O'Toole, MD, Director
- University of Minnesota, Regions Hospital, Peter Cole, MD, Director
- University of Mississippi Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Matthew Graves, MD, Director
- University of Missouri, Brett Crist, MD, Director
- University of Oklahoma/ St. John Health System Foundation, Paul Stafford, MD, Director
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Timothy Achor, MD, Director
- University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Boris Zelle, MD, Director
- University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, David Barei, MD, Director
- Vanderbilt University, William Obremskey, MD, Director
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine Trauma Fellowship, Eben Carroll, MD, Director
- Washington University Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Christopher McAndrew, MD, Director
About the COTA Grants Program
The Center Orthopaedic Trauma Advancement (COTA) was chartered in 2009 to serve as a non-conflicted intermediary to distribute support for fellowships and postgraduate education from unrestricted grants donated by industry. COTA has secured funding to provide support for orthopaedic trauma fellowships in the United States. Funding will be determined on the basis of the quality of the fellowship program and is expected to be a competitive process.
The COTA board has established a committee to review applications and distribute grants. Grants will range between $5,000 and $75,000 and will be awarded annually based upon the program application in the first year and the program application as well as the report of the graduating fellow in subsequent years.
Since its inception in 2009 through March 2018, COTA has awarded more than $9,500,000 in fellowship funding to trauma fellowship programs, those being both full and partially funded programs. COTA decisions regarding the number of orthopaedic trauma fellowship grants will be determined by commitments received from industry during the selection meeting in March of each year.