OTA Member Full Research Grant
Proposal Application by Invitation Only
OTA offers one Member Full Research Grant submission cycle during the year in a pre-proposal and full proposal format.
- Pre-proposal application process opens in October with beginning of February deadline. Full Proposal invitation notifications emailed by the end of April.
- Full proposal submittals (by invitation only) opens in April with mid-June deadline. Awards notifications emailed by end of November.
Eligibility: Either the principal investigator, or co-principal investigator must be an OTA Active, Associate, Clinical or Research member in good standing. The research must be conducted in North America. You may apply in more than one grant category if applicable.
The following grants are available for any research issue related to musculoskeletal trauma (excluding product development):
- Clinical Research Grants ($40,000/year maximum for up to 2 years)
- Basic Research Grants ($25,000/year maximum for up to 2 years)
- Directed Topic Research Grant ($40,000/year maximum for up to 2 years) in the following clinical topics:
- Indications, utilization, and safety of local antibiotic delivery in orthopaedic trauma care
- Systemic and healing responses to musculoskeletal trauma in the elderly
- Tissue (bone, muscle, tendon, ligament, cartilage) regeneration and repair after musculoskeletal trauma
OTA might offer co-branded grants with the same timeline and similar directed topics. The project sharing the same aspects is allowed to be submitted only to either OTA Full Grant or OTA Co-branded grant but not to both.