OTA Member Full Research Grant
Application Open by Invitation Only
OTA offers one Member Full Research Grant submission cycle during the year in a pre-proposal and full proposal format.
- Pre-proposal application process opens in October with beginning of February deadline. Full Proposal invitation notifications emailed by the end of April.
- Full proposal submittals (by invitation only) opens in April with mid-June deadline. Awards notifications emailed by end of November.
Eligibility: Either the principal investigator, or co-principal investigator must be an OTA member in good standing. The research must be conducted in North America. You may apply in more than one grant category if applicable.
The following grants are available for any research issue related to musculoskeletal trauma (excluding product development):
- Clinical Research Grants ($40,000/year maximum for up to 2 years)
- Basic Research Grants ($25,000/year maximum for up to 2 years)
- Directed Topic Research Grant ($25,000/year maximum for up to 2 years) in the following clinical topics:
- Musculoskeletal Infection
- Treatment and Prevention of Post-traumatic Arthritis after Articular Fractures (co-branded by the AirCast Foundation)
- Systemic and Healing Response of Compromised Patient to Trauma-Elderly, Diabetic and Obese
- Evaluation of Ability of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association Open Fracture classification to Predict Amputation, Infection and Soft Tissue Coverage Procedures
- Pain Management in Orthopaedic Trauma
OTA might offer co-branded grants with the same timeline and similar directed topics. The project sharing the same aspects is allowed to be submitted only to either OTA Full Grant or OTA Co-branded grant but not to both.