OTA Application for Full Research Grant Proposals is Open
By invitation only
OTA offers one Member Full Research Grant submission cycle during the year in a pre-proposal and full proposal format.
- Pre-proposal application process opens in October with beginning of February deadline. Full Proposal invitation notifications emailed by the end of April.
- Full proposal submittals (by invitation only) opens in April with mid-June deadline. Awards notifications emailed by end of November.
Eligibility: Either the principal investigator, or co-principal investigator must be an OTA Active, Clinical or Research member in good standing. Residents and Fellows are not eligible to apply for a full grant as PI. The research must be conducted in North America. You may apply in more than one grant category if applicable.
The following grants are available for any research issue related to musculoskeletal trauma (excluding product development):
- Clinical Research Grants ($40,000/year maximum for up to 2 years)
- Basic Research Grants ($25,000/year maximum for up to 2 years)
- Directed Topic Research Grant ($40,000/year maximum for up to 2 years) in the following clinical topics:
- Indications, utilization, and safety of local antibiotic delivery in orthopaedic trauma care
- Muscle and tendon regeneration or repair after musculo-skeletal trauma.
Research grant applications that align with a directed topic application will be super-scored at full grant level submission if invited. Only CLINICAL study directed topic applications will be eligible for a super score. Final Score will be “boosted” 0.25 points (at full grant level submission). This can elevate a moderately competitive application to a highly competitive.
To review the complete research grant application guidelines click here.