Applications are not currently open for membership.
When does OTA accept applications?
The OTA accepts applications twice per year:
Deadline: May 15 - Membership will begin July 1
Deadline: November 15 - Membership will begin January 1
What membership categories does OTA offer?
How much are membership dues?
Membership dues vary by category, the below table lists prices for members in the United States and Canada.
|Candidate (Post Fellowship)||$200|
|Candidate (Resident & Fellow)||$100|
|Trauma Practice Professional||$200|
|Military (upon waiver submission)||$0|
Individual International membership dues are based on a tiered dues structure aligned with the World Bank’s country classifications. International membership dues covered by Industry/Institutions may not be eligible for discounted international dues.
|High Middle Income||$225|
|Low Middle & Low Income||$10|
|Low Middle & Low Income Candidates||$10|
*Candidate is a Resident (PGY 1-5) and Fellow.
Guest Nation Applicants
All Guest Nation applicants will receive complimentary one-year membership for the year that their country serves as the Guest Nation.
Required Documents For Applications
- Current curriculum vitae (word.doc or pdf)
- A recent photograph (jpeg/jpg or gif.)
- Sponsor form needed for Active or Research Applications
- Application fee of $50.00 (USD)
Current members applying for a new category, United States active duty military (military waver required), candidate members, guest nation members and members in low and low middle income countries are exempt of fee.
If you have any questions about membership, or would like to check on the status of your application, please reach out to our Membership Services Project Manager, Kim Erffmeyer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Application Forms
Why Join OTA?
- Increase your Level of Expertise
- Stay Up to Date With New Treatment Trends & Controversies
- Strengthen your Practice Management
- Invest in your Career
- Increase Leadership and Professional Development
- Unite with Colleagues to Form a Strong Voice on Advocacy Issues
- Broaden your Professional Network
- Give Back to the Orthopaedic Trauma Community
- Participate and Shape Research Studies
Who Should Join OTA?
- Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeons:
- Academic, Community & Clinical
- Residents, Fellows, Young Practitioners
- Mid thru Senior Level Surgeons
- International Surgeons
- Military Surgeons
- General Orthopedic Surgeons in Community Practice Who Care for Trauma Victims
- Physician Assistants (PA’s) & Nurse Practitioners (NP’s)
- PhD’s and Research Professionals
- Allied Health Professionals