Recorded OTA Webinar On-Demand (No CME credit awarded.)
Three short lectures:
1. Fracture anatomy, pattern, and operative set up
2. Merits and Disadvantages of the Lateral Extensile Approach
3. Merits and Disadvantages of the Limited Lateral Approach
4. Case Presentations with Lecturer Point / Counterpoint
1. Appreciate nonoperative complications for intra-articular calcaneus fractures
2. Recognize common fracture patterns involved with intra-articular calcaneus fractures
3. Identify the merits and possible disadvantages to either the lateral extensile approach or
limited lateral approach to the calcaneus
Faculty and Course Outline
7:00-7:15pm CST - Calcaneal Fracture Anatomy, Non-operative Complications, Brad Yoo, M.D.
7:15-7:30pm CST - The Lateral Extensile Approach: Surgical Merits and Potential Pitfalls, Mark Adams, MD.
7:30-7:45pm CST - The Limited Lateral Approach: When to Use?, James Meeker, MD
7:45-8:00pm CST - Case Presentations with Lecturer Point / Counterpoint, All Faculty
CME: This archived webinar does not qualify for CME credit.