OTA remains committed to serving our members during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please send any comments or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTA International seeks COVID-19 submissions
OTA International is seeking COVID-19 related content for publication in an upcoming special issue. The editors, reviewers, and staff will work diligently to expedite peer review to ensure the fast-track publication of accepted papers. In addition, the journal has reserved several funding waivers for COVID-19 content, which will be awarded at the discretion of the editor-in-chief. Deadline is June 30.
Submit your paper here.
OTA Annual Meeting
At this time, OTA is currently moving forward with plans for its annual meeting. Any updates in status will be posted here and announced through various OTA channels.
Message from Michael McKee, MD, OTA President
OTA Health Policy Committee Statement
- COVID-19: Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma - Round 1 (March 27)
- COVID-19: Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma - Round 2 (April 2)
- Back to the New Normal: Trauma & Fracture Care in a COVID-19 World (May 7)
- The Orthopaedic Trauma Service and COVID-19 – Practice Considerations to Optimize Outcomes and Limit Exposure
- Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma OTA Panel Discussion Part 1
- Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma OTA Panel Discussion Part 2
- Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma OTA Panel Discussion Part 3
- April 2 Update Part 1: Covid-19 Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma
- April 2 Update Part 2: Covid-19 Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma
- April 2 Update Part 3: Covid-19 Preparedness in Orthopaedic Trauma
OTA Online Discussion Forum
- Your colleagues are discussing the COVID-19 crisis on the OTA Online Discussion Forum. Join the discussion.
- A second, multi-specialty discussion forum has been created on the DocMatter platform and may also be of interest (note: this is outside the OTA member password protected site) www.docmatter.com/covid19
Public Service Announcements
- AAOS COVID-19 Resource Page
- Article shared by JBJS exploring COVID - 19 risk factors of the orthopaedic surgeon:
“The Orthopaedic Forum Survey of COVID-19 Disease Among Orthopaedic Surgeons in Wuhan, People’s Republic of China”
- Notice: JBJS is receiving, reviewing and publishing COVID 19 related manuscripts at a very rapid pace.
Details available here.