Dear Colleagues and Friends,
OTA is committed to delivering enhanced value for your membership and working together with you to grow our reach and influence in the world of trauma care. Your support is needed to continue providing OTA Members with the finest orthopaedic trauma education & research offered.
Here is some of what we do and where we spend your generous funding. Which speaks to you and your passion?
- OTA Research and Education – OTA prioritizes member research, which often translates into increasingly impactful orthopaedic trauma research through secondary research funding.
- Since 1990 OTA awarded over $10 million in Full Member and Resident Research Grants to 389 individuals, with 499 presentations and 197 publications.
- Since 1990 OTA Research grant awardees have received over $42 million in Secondary Research Funding
OTA offers educational meetings and courses developed and taught by many of you, the most highly regarded orthopaedic trauma surgeons worldwide. OTA continues to expand educational offerings to reach trauma surgeons at every career stage.
- Resident Courses and a Fellows course are offered annually as well as our flagship Annual Meeting and Pre-Meeting Courses, and our AAOS Specialty Day. Resident Scholarships are granted to residents in North America to attend OTA resident courses. OTA offers webinars, video library, OTA online, Rockwood & Green & Wilkins reference books, Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and OTA International Journal.
- OTA Humanitarian Scholarship Fund – Established in 2018, this fund provides scholarships for orthopaedic surgeons from low/mid-income countries to attend the OTA Annual Meeting covering registration fees, Travel/Airfare and an Observership.
- Two humanitarian scholarships are awarded annually at $5,000 each. In 2018 humanitarian scholarships were awarded to Dr. Billy Haonga from Tanzania and Dr. Dan Kisitu Kyengera from Uganda.
- Military Scholarship Fund – Provides scholarships for active military orthopaedic surgeons to attend the OTA Annual Meeting.
- Since 2016 OTA has raised a total of $13,330 providing over 53 scholarships.
- Center for Orthopaedic Trauma Advancement (COTA)—Fellowship program funds provided by corporate donors and individual OTA members provide grants in support of musculoskeletal fellowship education across the country.
- In 2018, through a blinded review process, COTA awarded 26 fellowship programs grants totaling $840,000 for the 2018/2019 fellowship year.
Please continue to help fund these strategic areas by clicking the Donate button below. Once on the site, click on “select a fund”. If we do not yet support your personal passion, let me know what it is and how you would like to help!
David C. Teague, MD
OTA is a 501(c)(3) organization; all contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law