OTA is proud to announce up to 3 Humanitarian scholarships
Deadline for Scholarship Applications is February 8, 2020
OTA Abstract submission Deadline - January 22, 2020
The OTA will award up to 3 scholarships funded by the Wyss Foundation, Dr. Todd Mailly and many individual donors.
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible orthopaedic surgeons from countries with limited resources.
- Scholarships are merit based and will be awarded to the primary author of the selected abstracts submitted to the OTA Annual Meeting.
- Applicants will be ranked on the quality of their abstract as well as their potential contribution to the development of orthopaedic care in their home country.
- Funding will cover travel to the OTA Annual Meeting as well as a 3 to 5 day observership at a US Institution.
- New! Includes a one-year OTA membership which includes access to OTA Online
This scholarship is open to individuals from low to low-middle income countries only. These countries are determined by the World Bank classification of economies.
Individuals should have completed their Orthopaedic training, and should show promise as leaders, educators, and researchers.
All abstract submissions must be done through the OTA abstract submission site. The submission site closes on the 22nd of January. Applicants must also complete an online application by the 8th of February.
Contact the OTA at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Meet the 2019 Scholarship Recipient
DR. LINda chokotho
Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon
Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital, Malawi
Observation at: Denver Health and Hospital