The 2021 Virtual Specialty Day will be a two day event.
CME available for the live event only. Sessions will be recorded
(No CME for recorded sessions)
Residents and Fellows register at $0.
Options available to register to attend one individual session or both sessions bundled.
Saturday March 6 - (10:00am - 1:00pm Est)
Combined session with Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society (LLRS)
- Participants will learn the indications for the various recent innovations in bone defect management that would be best suited for their patient with this difficult to treat condition.
- Bone infection can be difficult to diagnose and treat. This session will teach the participant to determine whether limb salvage or amputation is indicated, and if salvage is chosen what techniques maximize success.
Saturday, March 13 (10:00am - 12:00pm Est)
Combined session with American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES)
- The participant will learn the latest evidence-based medicine regarding the treatment of complex elbow injuries.
- This session will enable the participant to correctly identify the various types of fracture-dislocation of the shoulder, and determine the optimal method of reduction and fixation.
- The ideal treatment of displaced mid-shaft fractures of the clavicle in adolescents remains highly controversial: this debate type format will enable participants to determine optimal treatment for their patient.
Specialty Day Programming
The OTA Specialty Spotlight is part of Virtual Specialty Day programming, presented in collaboration with several orthopaedic specialty societies.