Co-founded by the Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) and American Fracture Association (AFA); the OTA is pleased to announce the acceptance of nominations for the 2022 Community Surgeon Achievement Award (CSAA).
No longer accepting applications.
The recipient of this prestigious award must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrated outstanding community orthopaedic contributions.
- Dedicated his/her professional life to excellence in research and education at all community levels.
- Personal qualities of integrity, compassion and leadership in orthopaedic trauma.
In addition, it is requested the award recipient agree to the following:
- Serve on the selection committee for the following year’s CSAA Award.
- Attend the OTA Annual Meeting to accept the CSAA Award
- Must be an OTA member in good standing.
- The award recipient shall be recognized at the OTA Annual Meeting, in OTA publications and/or in press release.
- The honoree will receive complimentary registration to the OTA Annual Meeting, and travel and hotel reimbursement (maximum reimbursement of $2,000).
- The honoree will receive a plaque to commemorate the award.
- Applications accepted January 4th – May 31, 2022
- 2022 Award winner shall be selected prior to July 15, 2022
The award will be presented at the 2022 OTA Annual Meeting in Tampa, Florida.
2019 Award Recipient, Ray White, MD
(L to R) Drs, Michael McKee, Ray White, Steve Rabin and David Teague
2018 Award Recipient, Peter Althausen, MD
2017 Award Recipient, Bruce H. Ziran, MD