Are you looking to donate to the OTA? We have the below specified Funds available to donate to:
- OTA Research and Education – OTA prioritizes member research, which often translates into increasingly impactful orthopaedic trauma research through secondary research funding.
- Since 1990 OTA awarded over $10 million in Full Member and Resident Research Grants to 389 individuals, with 499 presentations and 197 publications.
- Since 1990 OTA Research grant awardees have received over $42 million in Secondary Research Funding
- Resident Courses and a Fellows course are offered annually as well as our flagship Annual Meeting and Pre-Meeting Courses, and our AAOS Specialty Day. Resident Scholarships are granted to residents in North America to attend OTA resident courses. OTA offers webinars, video library, OTA online, Rockwood & Green & Wilkins reference books, Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and OTA International Journal.
- OTA Humanitarian Scholarship Fund – Established in 2018, this fund provides scholarships for orthopaedic surgeons from low/mid-income countries to attend the OTA Annual Meeting covering registration fees, Travel/Airfare and an Observership.
- Two humanitarian scholarships are awarded annually at $5,000 each. In 2018 humanitarian scholarships were awarded to Dr. Billy Haonga from Tanzania and Dr. Dan Kisitu Kyengera from Uganda.
- Military Scholarship Fund – Provides scholarships for active military orthopaedic surgeons to attend the OTA Annual Meeting.
- Since 2016 OTA has raised a total of $13,330 providing over 53 scholarships.
- Center for Orthopaedic Trauma Advancement (COTA)—Fellowship program funds provided by corporate donors and individual OTA members provide grants in support of musculoskeletal fellowship education across the country.
- In 2018, through a blinded review process, COTA awarded 26 fellowship programs grants totaling $840,000 for the 2018/2019 fellowship year.
Please continue to help fund these strategic areas by clicking the Donate button below. Once on the site, click on “select a fund”. If we do not yet support your personal passion, let me know what it is and how you would like to help!
OTA is a 501(c)(3) organization; all contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law