These articles have been recommended as excellent sources of educational information. The permission of each varies.
- Carpal fractures. Author: Suh N, Ek ET, Wolfe SW. J Hand Surg Am. 2014 Apr;39(4):785-91
- Acute Fractures of the Scaphoid Author: David Ring, MD, Jesse B. Jupiter, MD, and James H. Herndon, MD, MBA Journal: JAAOS Volume: Vol. 8, No. 4, July/Aug 2000, pp 225-231
- Acute Nondisplaced Fractures of the Scaphoid Author: Mohit Bhandari , MD , MSc,* and Beate P. Hanson, MD, MPH† Journal: JOT Volume: Vol. 18, No. 3, April 2004, pp 253-255
- Predictors of fracture following suspected injury to the scaphoid. Author: Duckworth AD, Buijze GA, Moran M, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012 Jul;94(7):961-8.
- Percutaneous screw fixation versus conservative treatment for fractures of the waist of the scaphoid: a prospective randomised study. Author: McQueen MM, Gelbke MK, Wakefield A, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008 Jan;90(1):66-71.
- Operative Treatment of Metacarpal and Phalangeal Shaft Fractures Author: Scott H. Kozin, MD, Joseph J. Thoder, MD, and Glenn Lieberman, MD Journal: JAAOS Volume: Vol. 8, No. 2, March/April 2000, pp 111-121
- Immediate mobilization gives good results in boxer's fractures with volar angulation up to 70 degrees: a prospective randomized trial comparing immediate mobilization with cast immobilization. Author: Statius Muller MG, Poolman RW, van Hoogstraten MJ, et al. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2003 Dec;123(10):534-7.
- Perilunate Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment Author: Scott H. Kozin, MD Journal: JAAOS Volume: Vol. 6, No. 2, March/April 1998, pp 114-120
- Fracture dislocation of the finger joints. Author: Shah CM, Sommerkamp TG. J Hand Surg Am. 2014 Apr;39(4):792-802.