These articles have been recommended as excellent sources of educational information. The permission of each varies.
FOREARM (BOTH BONE)
- Compression-Plate Fixation of Acute Fractures of the Diaphysis of the Radius and Ulna. Author: Chapman MW, Gordon JE, Zissimos AG. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1989; 71(2):159-169.
- Treatment of Diaphyseal Forearm Fractures in Athletes Author: David Ring, MD Journal: Atlas of the Hand Clinics Volume: Vol. 11, 2006, pp 87–96 full article not available
- Refracture of Bones of the Forearm After Plate Removal. Author: Hidaka S, Gustilo RB. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1984; 66(8):1241-1243.
- Synthetic versus Plaster of Paris Casts in the Treatment of Fractures of the Forearm in Children: A Randomised Trial of Clinical Outcomes and Patient Satisfaction.
Author: Inglis M, McClelland B, Sutherland LM, Cundy PJ Bone Joint J. 2013 Sep; 95-B(9):1285-9.
- How Does Torsional Deformity of the Radial Shaft Influence the Rotation of the Forearm?: A Biomechanical Study Author: *Philip Kasten, †Mathias Krefft, †Jurgen Hesselbach, and ‡Annelie M. Weinberg Journal: JOT Volume: Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 57–60, 2003
- Extensile surgical exposures of the radius: a comparative anatomic study. Author: Jockel CR, Zlotolow DA, Butler RB, et al. J Hand Surg Am. 2013 Apr;38(4):745-52.
- Fractures of the Shaft of the Ulna Author: Mohit Bhandari , MD , MSc,* and Emil H. Schemitsch, MD† Journal: JOT Volume: Vol. 18, No. 7, Aug 2004, pp 473–475
- The Treatment of Isolated Ulnar Fractures in Adults: a Systematic Review Author: D. Mackay*, L. Wood, A. Rangan Journal: INJURY Volume: Vol. 31, pp 565-570, 2000
- The proximal ulna dorsal angulation: a radiographic study. Author: Rouleau DM, Faber KJ, Athwal GS. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010 Jan;19(1):26-30.
- Galeazzi Fracture-Dislocation: A New Treatment-Oriented Classification Author: Michael E. Rettig, MD, Keith B. Raskin, MD, New York, NY Journal: The Journal of Hand Surgery Volume: Vol. 26-A, No. 2, March 2001, pp 228-235
- Management of the Mangled Hand and Forearm Author: Amit Gupta, MD, and Thomas W. Wolff, MD Journal: JAAOS Volume: Vol. 3, pp 226-236.
- Nonoperative management of displaced olecranon fractures in low-demand elderly patients. Author: Duckworth AD, Bugler KE, Clement ND, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Jan 1;96(1):67-72.
- Prospective randomised trial of non-operative versus operative management of olecranon fractures in the elderly. Author: Duckworth AD, Clement ND, McEachan JE, et al. Bone Joint J. 2017 Jul;99-B(7):964-972.
- Monteggia Fractures in Adults Author: David Ring, Jesse B. Jupiter, and N. Shaun Simpson Journal: JBJS Volume: Vol. 80, pp 1733-44, 1998
- Radial Head Subluxation After Malalignment of the Proximal Ulna: A Biomechanical Study. Author: Sandman E, Canet F, Petit Y, et al. J Orthop Trauma. 2014 Aug;28(8):464-9.
ELBOW (TERRIBLE TRIAD)
- Standard surgical protocol to treat elbow dislocations with radial head and coronoid fractures. Surgical technique. Author: McKee MD, Pugh DM, Wild LM, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 Mar;87 Suppl 1(Pt 1):22-32.
- Fixation of the coronoid process in elbow fracture-dislocations. Author: Garrigues GE, Wray WH 3rd, Lindenhovius AL, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011 Oct 19;93(20):1873-81.
- Fixation versus replacement of radial head in terrible triad: is there a difference in elbow stability and prognosis? Author: Watters TS, Garrigues GE, Ring D, et al. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014 Jul;472(7):2128-35.
- Is ORIF superior to nonoperative treatment in isolated displaced partial articular fractures of the radial head? Author: Yoon A, King GJ, Grewal R. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014 Jul;472(7):2105-12.