The OTA is pleased to announce the inaugural IOTA founding members. The IOTA charter was signed October 11, 2017 in Vancouver, BC, Canada at the 33rd OTA Annual Meeting.
||AOA (Australian Orthopaedic Association)||Australia|
||Brazilian Society of Orthopedic Trauma||Brazil|
||CAOS (Chinese Association of Orthopedic Surgeons)||China|
||DGU (German Trauma Society)||Germany|
||Nederlandse Vereniging voor Traumachirurgie (NVT)
(Dutch Assoc. for Trauma Surgery)
||FEMECOT (Federación Mexicana de Colegios de Ortopedia y Traumatología)||Mexico|
||JSFR (Japanese Society for Fracture Repair)||Japan|
||OTA (Orthopaedic Trauma Association)||United States and Canada|
||OTODI (Ortho. and Trauma Specialists Hospital of Italy)||Italy|
||SOTA-SECOT(Spanish Orthopaedic Trauma Association)||Spain|
||Trauma Society of India||India|
||OTS (Orthopaedic Trauma Society)||
- AOA (Australian Orthopaedic Association)
- Brazilian Society of Orthopedic Trauma
- CAOS (Chinese Association of Orthopedic Surgeons)
- DGU (German Trauma Society)
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Traumachirurgie (NVT) (Dutch Assoc. for Trauma Surgery)
- FEMECOT (Federación Mexicana de Colegios de Ortopedia y Traumatología)
- JSFR (Japanese Society for Fracture Repair)
- OTA (Orthopaedic Trauma Association)
- OTODI (Ortho. and Trauma Specialists Hospital of Italy)
- SOTA-SECOT (Spanish Orthopaedic Trauma Association)
- Trauma Society of India
- OTS (Orthopaedic Trauma Society)
IOTA was established to fulfill the following goals:
- Promote international orthopaedic and musculoskeletal trauma care, including patient care, education, and research.
- Allocate venues for and monitor progress of a triennial International Orthopaedic Trauma Association Annual (IOTA) Meeting.
- Organize a face-to-face meeting at each triennial meeting and each Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) Annual Meeting.
- Provide a means for Member organizations to enhance international collaboration in research, education, teaching, and program development.
- Support the development of Orthopaedic Trauma organizations globally.
IOTA Triennial Meeting Information
- 1st Triennial IOTA Meeting
December 2, 2020
(Immediately followed by the NVT Annual Conference December 3 – 4, 2020)
Host: The Dutch Society (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Traumachirurgie (NVT)
- 2nd Triennial Meeting
2023 (date to be determined)
Host: FEMECOT (Federacion Mexicana de Colegios de Ortopedia y Traumatologia)
Membership is open to any organization that is the principal body representing orthopaedic trauma in its country or region. Please contact the OTA at email@example.com for additional information regarding membership.
Additional details are also available in the IOTA Charter.