Surgeon / First Responder Resources
Download hi-res pdf for print.
Orthopaedic Blast Injuries - Core Curriculum PowerPoint
Meetings and Courses
- Basic Disaster Life Support Course
- Advanced Disaster Life Support Course
- Disaster Response Management Protocol for Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery - JBJS
- It Takes a Team—The 2013 Boston Marathon, a Special Report jointly published by The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery and the Journal of Orthopaedic &Sports Physical Therapy, provides a behind-the-scenes look at how the level 1 trauma centers involved with the Marathon bombings (Tufts Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Brigham and Women’s, Boston Medical Center, and Mass General) ensured that their staffs had the emotional backing, resources, and systems in place so they could focus on their seriously injured patients. Not a single bombing victim who reached a hospital alive on April 15, 2013 died, a stunning result of years of preparation and teamwork.
- General Disaster Preparedness publications
Disaster Preparedness Home