In 2020, the OTA is offering up to six total awards to reduce the rate for the OTAI International article processing charge (APC):
- Three full waivers that reduce the APC from $1,425 (member rate) to $0
- Three partial waivers will reduce the APC from $1,425 (member rate) to $499
In order to be eligible for an award, the focus of the article should be of direct interest and benefit to international orthopaedic trauma surgeons, should be of contemporary interest, and not well addressed in current literature.
The submission deadline is June 1, 2020.
Details regarding APC fees are noted on the author instructions page of the Editorial Manager manuscript submission site.
The objective is to support OTA International as the official OTA open access journal, and to:
- Share best orthopaedic trauma practices internationally
- Provide a forum that connects all orthopaedic trauma societies globally
- Support better orthopaedic trauma patient outcomes worldwide through free distribution
You must meet all OTA International submission requirements as outlined in the author submission guidelines.
Please submit a proposal that includes: (a) an abstract; and (b) a one-page description of the expected orthopaedic impact. Upload the proposal via the Editorial Manager system to the article type OTA Funding Award Abstract. Upon notification that the abstract has qualified for the award, authors will be required to submit the full manuscript via the Editorial Manager system. The manuscript will then undergo the peer-review process. Note that the award qualification does not guarantee acceptance and publication of the full article.
- Abstract Deadline: June 1, 2020
- Acceptances will be announced by June 22, 2020
- Those accepted will be required to submit a final manuscript within 90 days
Funding requests will be reviewed by the OTA Publications Committee. Upon notification of supplement funding award, manuscripts must be submitted via the OTA International Editorial Manager system by September 20, 2020 (the discount waivers are valid in 2020 only). Papers not submitted by the deadline will forfeit the award.