On this regularly updated page, we feature a new topic with links to OTA's wide variety of resources. The current topic is open fracture.
OTA International (selected articles)
- Open fracture management: Critical issues
- Antibiotic utilization in open fractures
- Open ankle fractures are associated with complications and reoperations
- Managing bone loss in open fractures
- Surgical timing for open fractures: Middle of the night or the light of day, which fractures, what time?
- The top three unanswered questions in the management of open fractures
- Open fractures with soft-tissue loss: Coverage options and timing of surgery
- Prevalence and patterns of traumatic bone loss following open long bone fractures at Mulago Hospital
Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma (selected articles)
- LCP Versus LISS in the Treatment of Open and Closed Distal Femur Fractures: Does it Make a Difference?
- Surgical Site Infection After Open Upper Extremity Fracture and the Effect of Urgent Operative Intervention
- Effect of Extended Prophylactic Antibiotic Duration in the Treatment of Open Fracture Wounds Differs by Level of Contamination
- Irrigation and Debridement of an Open Ankle Fracture With Open Reduction and Internal Fixation and Syndesmotic Fixation Using a Suture Button Device
- Risk Factors for Kidney Dysfunction With the Use of Gentamicin in Open Fracture Antibiotic Treatment
OTA Annual Meeting Videos (selected)
- Prognostic Factors for Predicting Re-Operations after Open Fractures
- Health-Related Quality of Life Following Open Fractures
- Vancomycin Powder Reduces Bacterial Load in Contaminated Open Fracture Model
- Reoperation Rates after Type III Open Fractures of the Lower Limb
- Predictors of Complications in Severe Open Fractures
- Decreased Time to Antibiotic Prophylaxis for Open Fractures
- Debridement of High Energy Open Fracture
- Suprapatellar Nailing of Open Tibia Fractures: Is Sepsis a Concern?
- Early Administration of Antibiotics After Open Tibia Fractures
- Treatment of Bone Defects in Open Tibia Fractures
- Delay in Flap Coverage for Open Tibia Fractures Increases Inpatient Complications
- Treatment of Tibial Pilon Fractures Using Ring Fixators
- What's New in Open Fractures (April 2016)
Evidence-Based Medicine Resource List
The OTA’s Evidence-Based Medicine Resource List includes a comprehensive selection of articles on open fractures vetted and recommended by the OTA EBQVS Committee.