The following videos are from the 2019 OTA Annual Meeting Series: Young Practitioners Forum.
The Young Practitioners Forum is targeted towards senior residents, fellows and orthopaedic trauma surgeons new in practice. Information on topics not taught in training and wisdom from lessons those in practice learned will be discussed. Our target audience will be provided tools for a successful career. The Speed Mentoring session at the end of the program will provide an opportunity to interact and ask questions in a friendly environment.
The videos are available to OTA members and OTA Online subscribers.
Please note that no CME credit is awarded for viewing these videos.
- Avoiding Sour Grapes (Making a Good First Impression in the OR and Clinic)
- Avoiding Sour Grapes (Working with Your Trauma Partners)
- Can I Find a Job When We are Training 80 Fellows a Year?
- The Cases Will Come to Me (Tips on Building a Practice)
- Does My Job Care About My Family? (Work-Life Balance)
- Do I Need Two Fellowships?
- Does Where I Do My Residency Affect My Ability to Match? (Approaching the Match)
- Fellowship is Just an Extension of Residency (How to Be a Great Fellow)
- Good to Great is More than a Book (The Intangibles for Success from a Mid-Level Surgeon)
- Good to Great is More than a Book (The Intangibles for Success from a Senior Surgeon)
- I Need Everything in Writing Before I Start (Contract Talk)
- I Want All of the Tab/Pelvic Cases (Diversifying Your Practice)
- My First Year in Practice (Perspectives from a Senior, Mid-Level and New Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon)
- Numbers, Numbers, Numbers Define the Job (Productivity, Ratings, Extracurricular)