We look forward to safely meeting in Ft. Worth, Texas. OTA will have specific procedures in place to ensure the safety of our members, attendees, and staff, while continuing to provide an engaging conference experience through which our community can reconnect.
As a condition of attendance at events, individuals must meet one of the following as of the first date of the event:
- Be “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19 which is defined as the period which at least fourteen (14 days) after: (i) receiving the last dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine; or (ii) receiving one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine; or
- Meet one of the following exemptions from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine:
- Health Circumstance - History of previous allergic reaction to indicate an immediate hypersensitivity reaction to a component of the vaccine; health condition or medical circumstances such that immunization is not considered safe; or any other health condition or medical circumstance where receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is contraindicated ; or
- Sincerely-Held Religious Belief: Religious belief and/or practice which is (a) sincerely held; and (b) which prohibits receiving immunizations.
If requested by OTA, individuals shall provide proof of my vaccination status or appropriate medical documentation from my health care provider and/or other additional information that OTA may require to substantiate my status.
All attendees will be requested to attest to complying with the OTA Annual Meeting COVID Vaccination Policy. Attendees may attest prior to the start of the meeting through the Registration Portal. Instructions with screenshots are provided here .
Attendees who have not attested prior to arriving on-site will be asked to attest by completing a form at registration when receiving your badge.
Within the OTA meeting and event spaces, all Annual Meeting attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and staff (regardless of vaccination status) are required to wear masks at all times, unless actively eating or drinking.
Additional safety measures
The OTA has worked with the Fort Worth Convention Center to implement the following safety measures:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers that will be placed at key guest and employee contact areas such as entrances, concourses, meal functions and other high traffic areas.
- Reduced touch points for a "low touch" environment.
- A continual cleaning and disinfecting routine enforced throughout the Convention Center during event hours and overnight, especially in high-touch areas.
- Transitioning video and poster tours to stanchioned open area with scattered seating and highboys to allow for social distancing.
- Overflow rooms and additional seating for meals.
Safety protocols and service adjustments may be in effect in hotels, restaurants, and other businesses. Please be sure to check appropriate websites prior to arrival.
The OTA will disclose to attendees, via email, any reports of COVID-19 transmission during the meeting. If you believe you were exposed to COVID-19 during your travels to the Annual Meeting, do not attend. If you become ill during or after you leave the meeting, let OTA know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (847) 698-1631.
OTA continues to monitor ongoing developments and will follow policy changes and safety precautions in place at the time of the conference. We are working closely with our meeting planning professionals to ensure a safe environment that meets local, state, building, and CDC procedures. As we get closer to the date of the conference, updates will be provided. Check back to this page for new information and updates. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to email@example.com with questions or concerns.
links and resources
COVID testing sites near the Ft. Worth Convention Center - Updated October 11, 2021
Texas Mandate Posted March 2, 2021
FWCC Health & Safety Guidelines Posted July 8, 2021
Fort Worth - COVID Testing & Prevention Posted September 3, 2021
International Travel During COVID-19 - See International Travel Resources Page
This page will continue to be updated as we receive more information.