The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is seeking an innovative and scholarly leader to serve as the Division Director of Orthopaedic Traumatology. Candidates will have demonstrated leadership acumen and experience to successfully manage and grow the division’s clinical and academic programs. The division director reports directly to David M. King, MD, Paul A. Jacobs Professor and Chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Full-time faculty position with academic appointment commensurate with experience
- 60-80% clinical effort with 20-40% administrative effort
- Lead dedicated Orthopaedic traumatologists and advanced practice providers caring for patients at Froedtert Hospital, one of only 2 Level 1 trauma centers in the state of Wisconsin
- The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at MCW includes 39 clinical faculty members, 5 active research faculty members, 29 advanced practice providers, 25 residents and 4 fellows.
- MCW Orthopaedics provides more than 79,000 outpatient visits and perform 7,300 surgeries annually.
- Orthopaedic Trauma provides nearly 7,000 outpatient visits and 1,500 surgeries annually
Education, training, and experience required:
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Surgery Traumatology
- Eligible for full, unrestricted licensure in Wisconsin
- Successful candidates should bring strong clinical abilities, well-refined interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, collegiality, and a commitment to MCW’s academic missions including research, education, and community engagement.
the Medical college of Wisconsin
MCW is a major academic medical center; the largest research institution in the Milwaukee metro area and second largest in Wisconsin. MCW is a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative, patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW’s functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested candidates should contact:
Jennifer Scherer, Senior Physician Recruiter