LewisGale Medical Center in Salem, Virginia is seeking an orthopaedic trauma surgeon.
- Orthopaedic trauma fellowship training required
- Three or more years' experience required
- Experience building a trauma program is a plus
- Must be board certified within five years of completing training
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- General orthopaedics required while trauma program builds
- Call is one day every other week and one weekend every five to six weeks
- Pay for call
- Impressive base salary plus bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and 401k with generous match
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Substantial CME and dues allowance
- Relocation assistance provided
About LewisGale Medical Center and LewisGale Regional Health System
- Hospital is seeking Level II trauma designation
- Eight physicians and 12 PAs in practice
- 506-bed tertiary facility for specialized care in the LewisGale Regional Health System
- Regional leader in utilizing the latest imaging, surgical and medical technology
- Accredited Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- The system includes four hospitals, two cancer centers and six outpatient centers that are committed to providing superior, compassionate care
- Our network of hospitals consistently ranks among the top in the nation for clinical outcomes and evidence-based clinical processes
As a place to live and play, the southwest region of Virginia has it all with a comfortable climate and the best of all four seasons. For the second year in a row, Roanoke has been ranked the "Top Adventure Town" by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, edging out Asheville and Chattanooga for the win. Roanoke’s ‘innovation corridor’ has become a hub for tech-forward industries such as healthcare, technology and advanced manufacturing. Our scenic beauty offers opportunity to balance work with recreation. Whether it is enjoying the arts and culture, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, water sports on Smith Mountain Lake, or biking in the nation’s 2nd largest municipal park. With nationally recognized colleges and universities within 30 minutes, including Virginia Tech and Radford University, the area continues to attract innovative companies to our talent-rich and business-friendly environment. Conveniently located, the area offers easy drives to Washington, DC, Charlotte, NC and Richmond, VA.
To apply submit your resume to:
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Position: Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
Hospital/Institution: Affiliated with Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg Orthopaedic Associates is looking for a board certified/board eligible, fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma surgeon to join our multi-subspecialty group. This is a well established, highly successful orthopaedic group with offices in Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and Stafford, Virginia. The position offers a very competitive starting salary with lucrative income potential and partnership opportunity. Ancillary income is available from a hospital-affiliated surgery center. The practice consists of 8 physicians specializing in hand/upper extremity, shoulder and elbow, sports medicine, spine, joint replacement and podiatry as well as 6 physician assistants. The position is in affiliation with Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, Virginia, which is a 437 bed, busy level 2 trauma center and Stafford Hospital Center, a 100 bed facility in nearby Stafford, Virginia that was opened in 2009. Trauma call is compensated and shared among 8 providers. The hospital system is looking to expand its trauma program and is excited to add an orthopaedic trauma surgeon to the team. The trauma center sees a moderate volume of pelvic and acetabular fractures, complex peri-articular fractures, open fractures and poly-traumas.
Fredericksburg is a historic community located 1 hour from Washington, DC and 1 hour from Richmond, Virginia on the I-95 corridor. Enjoy an excellent quality of life with plenty of outdoor recreational activities including multiple public and private golf courses, lakes, rivers and state parks. Several town centers with over 30 shops and restaurants are located in town, and there is close proximity to a mega shopping with over 250 shops and restaurants. This is an excellent bedroom community to raise a family with both excellent public and private school options, as well as a local university. In addition to many bars and restaurants in downtown Fredericksburg, there is also easy access to downtown Washington, DC and Richmond, Virginia.
Must be MD/DO and BC/BE, fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Trauma. Current fellows and those entering into fellowship for the 2021-2022 academic year are welcome to apply. Applicants must be eligible for licensure in Virginia.
If you are interested in joining a well-established private group with a partnership option in a busy level 2 trauma setting, please send your CV and contact information to our clinical practice manager, Stacy Hornick, at Stacy.Hornick@mwhc.com