VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
DEPARTMENT OF ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center is recruiting for a full time fellowship trained trauma surgeon.
The applicant will join three current trauma faculty, one fellow and be part of a service that includes residents. The applicant is expected to be an integral part of an active clinical and basic science program. The applicants must also be American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery certified or eligible.
The applicant must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Qualified applicants should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com. For additional information, please contact Kevin O’Keefe, Administrator - Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, PO Box 980153, Richmond, VA 23298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Live where others vacation!
Sentara Medical Group is expanding our first class, full-service orthopedic trauma program in Virginia Beach at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, a 525 bed, Level One Trauma Center, Voted # 1 Hospital in Virginia, and Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, a 276 bed, Level Three Trauma Center.
The two trauma centers together cover a large catchment area – with Norfolk General serving as the area’s only Level One Trauma Center in the Tidewater Region and Southeastern Virginia. The Orthopedic Trauma Specialists have exclusive trauma coverage at the hospitals and are complemented by two fully staffed clinical locations and dedicated advanced practice clinician support.
We are recruiting a 5th orthopedic traumatologist for the program. The ideal candidate will have completed a fellowship in orthopedic trauma surgery. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and shape a premier high acuity traumatology program in a system that is committed to creating a sustainable work life balance.
***Named One of the Top Five Large Healthcare Systems in the Country by IBM Watson Health***
Sentara Healthcare is an award winning, nationally recognized, non-profit, integrated healthcare system in Virginia and North Carolina. Be a part of our over 1,500 provider multispecialty group with the most comprehensive and quality focused program in the region!
YOU CAN EXPECT:
High Volume, Employed Practice
Advanced Practice Providers
Beautiful Office Located on Hospital Campus
Experienced Office and Clinical staff
All opportunities offer:
Competitive Salary Guarantee
Exceptional Benefits including Retirement Package with Matching Contribution
Malpractice and Tail coverage
$7,500 Annually for CME
Excellent Public and Private Schools in the region
Wonderful coastal living--Consistently ranked among the top places to live in the US!
For more information, please contact:
Kay Miller, 757-252-3032 or email@example.com
Riverside Health System/The Jacobs Group
Trauma Orthopedic Opportunity in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
Riverside Orthopedics is seeking a BC/BE Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon to join our team in Newport News, VA. Join three other Fellowship-trained Orthopedic Trauma surgeons and six dedicated Physician Assistants as we continue to grow this program. Program boasts busy Level II Trauma, block OR time and on-call, with a dedicated team. Our full orthopedic practice includes an additional seven orthopedic surgeons and six Advanced Practice Providers.
- BC/BE Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
- Virginia licensure or ability to obtain
- Very competitive base salary – RVU model
- Guaranteed 2-year base salary
- Sign-on bonus
- Paid malpractice
- CME expenses paid
- Excellent benefits package
- 6-weeks PTO
- Relocation allowance
- Dual-console DaVinci robot
- Highly-motivated and team-oriented medical staff
- Unable to sponsor J1 Visas
- Riverside Health System is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, qualified for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 700+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America’s strongest healthcare delivery organizations−Riverside Health System. Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System employs over 10,000 team members. Their flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia − a newly-renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital. Riverside supports four residency programs (Family, Emergency, OB/GYN, and TY) and features a robust ultrasound program and cutting-edge simulation lab. Their system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to their ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
Learn more about Riverside Health System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBTUI9Js1xY
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- No. 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, D.C. and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
For more information, please contact:
Riverside Health System
Specialty: Orthopedic Trauma
Role: Full Term
Synergy Health Partners is recruiting orthopedic trauma surgeons to join our new developing team that will be established at LEWISGALE MEDICAL CENTER in Salem, Virginia.
- Work 7-10 days per month
- Trauma experience preferred
- Medical malpractice coverage is provided by Synergy Health Partners
- Competitive per diem compensation
- 1-2 years experience required
- Collaborative and supportive teamwork environment
- Work with a company created by and for surgeons
- Active Virginia medical license is a plus
Choose to work with Synergy Health Partners and enjoy the work/life balance you deserve. Go beyond locum tenens work and build a consistent working partnership with Synergy Health Partners instead.
Please reply to RECRUITMENT@SYNERGY-HP.COM with your updated CV. We look forward to connecting with you soon.