Riverside Health System/The Jacobs Group
Trauma Orthopedic Opportunity in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
Riverside Orthopedics is seeking a BC/BE Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon to join our team in Newport News, VA. Join three other Fellowship-trained Orthopedic Trauma surgeons and six dedicated Physician Assistants as we continue to grow this program. Program boasts busy Level II Trauma, block OR time and on-call, with a dedicated team. Our full orthopedic practice includes an additional seven orthopedic surgeons and six Advanced Practice Providers.
- BC/BE Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
- Virginia licensure or ability to obtain
- Very competitive base salary – RVU model
- Guaranteed 2-year base salary
- Sign-on bonus
- Paid malpractice
- CME expenses paid
- Excellent benefits package
- 6-weeks PTO
- Relocation allowance
- Dual-console DaVinci robot
- Highly-motivated and team-oriented medical staff
- Unable to sponsor J1 Visas
- Riverside Health System is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, qualified for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 700+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America’s strongest healthcare delivery organizations−Riverside Health System. Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System employs over 10,000 team members. Their flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia − a newly-renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital. Riverside supports four residency programs (Family, Emergency, OB/GYN, and TY) and features a robust ultrasound program and cutting-edge simulation lab. Their system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to their ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
Learn more about Riverside Health System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBTUI9Js1xY
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- No. 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, D.C. and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
For more information, please contact:
Riverside Health System
Job Number: J-039348
Recruiter: Sherry Chenault
Job Title: Employed Trauma Surgeon Opportunity in Richmond, Virginia
We have an immediate for a fellowship trained orthopedic trauma surgeon for our Level I trauma center at Chippenham Hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
- BC/BE orthopedic surgeon from an accredited training program
- Virginia licensure or ability to obtain
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, physicians and administration
- Excellent competencies in both acetabulum and heavy pelvic fracture procedures
- Competitive salary with productivity incentive
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME, PTO and dues allowance
About Chippenham Hospital:
- 466-acute bed hospital with a Level I trauma provisional accreditation
- 135-bed inpatient acute psychiatric hospital for child, adolescent, adult and geriatric admissions
- 50-bed ER
- 32-bed private medical surgical ICU, 12-bed private cardiovascular ICU integrated with our cardiovascular stepdown unit, 12-bed arrhythmia care unit, 8-bed pediatric ICU, 15-bed NICU
- 15 operating rooms with the latest surgical technology available, including robots that are used in thoracic and orthopedic surgeries
- 35,000+ annual patient admissions, 95,000+ annual ER visits
Richmond is a wonderful place to practice medicine and raise a family. With a metropolitan area population of over a million, Richmond offers a great balance of big city excitement and small town charm. The area abounds with parks, nationally recognized school systems, and innumerable recreation and cultural activities. Richmond is within a two-hour drive of the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains. The cost of living is very reasonable; traffic congestion is minimal.
For more information, contact Sherry Chenault at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-237-7771.
Location – Salem, VA
Position – Orthopedic Trauma Surgicalist
Hospital/Institution – Synergy Health Partners / LewisGale Medical Center
Position Description –
Synergy Health Partners is recruiting orthopedic trauma surgeons to join our new developing team that will be established at LewisGale Medical Center in Salem, Virginia.
- Work 7-10 days per month and enjoy real time off
- 1-2 years experience required
- Trauma experience preferred
- Medical malpractice coverage is provided by Synergy Health Partners
- Competitive per diem compensation
- Collaborative and supportive teamwork environment
- Work with a company created by and for surgeons
- Active Virginia medical license is a plus
Required Credentials – BC in Orthopedics/ fellowship trained in trauma (preferred)
Contact information – April Mayer, AVP Recruitment 0- 509-991-5678 and email@example.com