PEDIATRIC ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY AND ORTHOPAEDIC TRAUMA SURGERY FACULTY POSITIONS
TEXAS ACADEMIC FACULTY OPPORTUNITIES
LEVEL 1 TRAUMA CENTER—FREE STANDING CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
Academic program and Level I trauma center located in Texas is seeking Orthopaedic Surgery Faculty members to join their growing department. The successful incoming surgeons will demonstrate evidence of strong clinical skills and have an interest and passion for academic education and scholarly activities. We are seeking candidates with the desire to contribute to the growth and expansion of both the clinical and scholarly activity efforts within the Department. Opportunity requirements include fellowship training in either Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery or Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery.
- Join one of the fastest growing medical schools in Texas, Regional Referral Center, and Level 1 Trauma Center
- Free Standing Children’s hospital with over 40 pediatric subspecialties represented
- 24/7 coverage provided by a strong group of Pediatric Hospitalists, Pediatric Intensivists, Board Certified Pediatric Emergency Medicine Specialists, and Trauma Surgeons
- Unique opportunity to participate in one of the first and only joint military/civilian residency training programs
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary, team environment with strong specialists and support staff
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in the advancement and/or development of an academic career, participating in medical education, and collaborative scholarly activities
- Leadership opportunities are available for candidates who possess the appropriate experience and qualifications
Filled with genuine Southwest hospitality and ranked by SafeWise as one of the top 10 safest metros in the country, our remarkable growing city in West Texas offers a welcoming and friendly community. The sixth largest city in the state, our region offers a tremendous amount of opportunity as well as events and adventures perfect for families and individuals alike.
- Tort reform state with no state income tax and a cost of living nearly 13% lower than the national average
- Exceptional public and private schools
- A short drive to the mountains in New Mexico for exceptional hiking and skiing
- Breathtaking natural beauty, allowing for endless opportunities to explore the outdoors
- Forbes ranks Texas No. 3 for Best States for Business
As an EEO/AA employer, this institution and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Ashlie Korb at email@example.com
or at (866) 406-0269 and reference OTR-111634
Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso’s (TTUHSC El Paso) Paul L. Foster School of Medicine invites applications and nominations for a dynamic leader to serve as the next Department Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation. The Chair will lead the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation with direct reporting to the Dean of the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine. The Chair will develop new clinical programs while enhancing existing clinical services, educational programs, and scholarship.
TTUHSC El Paso consists of the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, the Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and the emerging Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine. The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation at the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, has a 25-year tradition of excellence in clinical education. The department partners with the William Beaumont Army Medical Center on a combined military and civilian, ACGME-accredited orthopaedic surgery residency training program.
The department supports both pediatric and adult orthopaedic surgery service needs at multiple clinical sites. University Medical Center of El Paso, TTUHSC El Paso’s primary teaching hospital, serves as the only Level I trauma center in a 300-mile radius. Additionally, inpatient pediatric and adult services are provided at the university’s other hospital partners, El Paso Children’s Hospital and The Hospitals of Providence-Transmountain.
With over 300 days of sunshine per year, El Paso residents enjoy a friendly community with numerous outdoor and cultural pursuits, and no state income tax. El Paso was recognized as an All-America City in 2018-19 as a community that demonstrates innovation, inclusiveness, civic engagement, and cross sector collaboration for outstanding civic accomplishments. El Paso also ranks among the top 10 “Safest Metro Cities in America” in the 2019 SafeWise report.
Qualifications: (See job requisition for full position description and requirements)
- MD / DO degree or equivalent
- Texas medical license or eligibility for Texas medical license
- Current board certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery or the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or higher
- Leadership experience as a chair, program director, vice chair, division chief or director in an academic orthopaedic surgery division or department
- Experience as an actively practicing orthopaedic surgeon in an academic medical center
- Orthopaedic trauma program experience in designated Level I or Level II Trauma Center
Candidates must apply online at http://www.texastech.edu/careers.
Search for Requisition ID: 19283BR
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
For confidential inquiries or nomination referrals, please contact:
Edward A. Michelson, M.D.
Chairman and Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Search Committee Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org / (915) 215-4126
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.