Location: Portland, OR
Position: Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
Oregon Health & Science University
The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service. The duties of this position include: The Physician/surgeon is expected to actively participate in the education, research, patient care and administrative programs of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, with an emphasis on trauma surgery and general Orthopaedics. The position actively participates in all aspects of the clinical care of patients as outlined by the Chair of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation.
The trauma section at OHSU additionally values the three simultaneous pillars of: “clinical excellence”, “resident centered education”, and “platform based research” and encourages applicants to consider how they will support all three. Please prepare and submit a cover letter along with the application.
Function/Duties of Position
- The Clinical Director for the Department will assign the clinical schedule. This position will work primarily as an Orthopaedic Trauma surgeon within the Department, along with providing some general Orthopaedics care. This position will also be expected to take call, as assigned, with other faculty on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Since OHSU is a teaching facility, teaching medical students and residents in the clinical setting as well as through assigned lectures to be given during the course of the year is required. Teaching assignments will be given from the Director of Education.
- There are resources available for start-up research and on-going support.
- Administrative and other duties may be assigned based on Department needs and areas of expertise and interest. There will be opportunities to participate in Departmental management and to serve on institutional committees.
- M.D. or equivalent degree/training; completion of an Orthopaedic Surgery Residency; completion of a Trauma Fellowship.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Applicants please apply online here: https://facultycareers-ohsu.icims.com/jobs/24306/orthopaedic-trauma-surgeon/job