***Accepting Candidates From Search Firms For This Opportunity***
Vidant Medical Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking board eligible or board certified Orthopedic Traumatologists to join their newly created orthopedic trauma service line. Surgeons with fellowship training or experience in adult orthopedic trauma are preferred. Candidates with an interest in doing some hand or pediatric cases will be considered.
The Orthopedic Trauma team will provide care to patients at Vidant Medical Center’s 974-bed level 1 trauma center. The hospital is the tertiary referral center for Vidant Health, an 8 hospital healthcare system serving eastern North Carolina. Vidant Medical Center serves as the primary teaching and clinical care venue for East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Collaboration with East Carolina University’s Department of Surgery
- Hospital privileges at a regional level 1 trauma center
- Inpatient and outpatient support by nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Expansive referral network consisting of 29 counties and over 1.4 million people
- Clinical responsibilities include OR, consults, admissions, rounding, and clinic
- State of the art inpatient unit
- Epic EMR System
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Ability to live only an hour away from the beautiful North Carolina coast
Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports
For more information, please contact Amanda Mercer at 252-847-9029 or by email at Amanda.Mercer@Vidanthealth.com.
Posted on 6/22/18