Chief of Orthopedic Trauma Division
The Department of Surgery at East Carolina University is seeking a dynamic, academically oriented, fellowship trained orthopedic trauma surgeon to lead the division of orthopedic trauma through a collaborative model between ECU’s Brody School of Medicine, Vidant Medical Center and Vidant Medical Group.
The successful candidate will be the founding chief of an active, collaborative clinical, teaching and research program. The ideal candidate will have an established record of academic productivity in their defined area of expertise, a regional or national presence, leadership experience and/or training, and a broad knowledge and interest in all aspects of orthopedic trauma.
The chief of orthopedic trauma will work closely with department and hospital leadership to recruit faculty and identify and implement new and advanced orthopedic trauma programs and services, including the eventual development of a fellowship program.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,000) is a family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University, the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent school options
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
For more information, email your CV to Amanda.Anderson@vidanthealth.com or call 252-847-9029.