Location: Springfield, Missouri
Position: Orthopedic Traumatologist
Institution/Hospital: Mercy Clinic
Mercy Clinic in Springfield, Missouri, is seeking a BC/BE fellowship trained Orthopedic Traumatologist to join a busy, Level 1 trauma center. Group consists of 3 orthopedic trauma surgeons and 18 additional orthopedic surgeons (including subspecialists in hand, adult reconstruction, shoulder/elbow, foot/ankle, pediatrics, and sports medicine).
Trauma resources available 24/7 including a 365-day, zero-release ortho trauma fracture room, team of orthopedic NP/PA advanced practice providers, and integrated medical orthopedic hospitalists. Hand and spine coverage provided by other services.
Competitive compensation with incentives. Full benefit package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation/CME, occurrence-based malpractice, relocation and more.
Orthopedic Traumatologist Opportunity Includes
- You will be a welcome and valued member of the group day one with no partnership track or buy-in
- Up to 100% trauma surgery available
- Five APPs assist in OR, inpatient, and clinic follow-ups
- Full-time hospitalists dedicated to orthopedics for management of patients
- Three experienced, fellowship-trained trauma partners and mentors - stable group
- Beautiful, 7-year-old, freestanding orthopedic hospital
- Epic EHR across Mercy
- Rated in the top 5% nationally for overall clinical excellence by Healthgrades
- Forbes “America’s Best Employers” two years in a row
- Occurrence-based liability insurance
Springfield Community Highlights
- Known as the “Big, small town”
- Regional hub of Southwest Missouri and the third largest city in the state
- Features a large state university, performing arts center, top quality schools, and a variety of cultural and shopping options
- Plentiful and growing job market
- Six area lakes and natural streams provide for water sports and excellent fishing
- Minutes from Branson and easy trips to Kansas City and St. Louis!
We're a Little Different
Mercy is one of the nation’s most highly integrated, multi-state health care systems, including more than 40 acute care, managed and specialty (heart, children’s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, convenient urgent care locations, imaging centers and pharmacies. Mercy has 900 physician practices and outpatient facilities, more than 4,000 Mercy Clinic physicians and advanced practitioners and 40,000-plus co-workers serving patients and families across Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Board Certified / Board Eligible
Todd Vandewalker, MHA, CPRP
Physician Talent Selection – Senior Physician Recruiter