Orthopedic Trauma & Shoulder Surgeon
Department of Orthopedic Surgery
University of Minnesota Medical School
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time orthopedic surgeon to practice at Regions Hospital in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The selected candidate will be hired at the rank of Assistant Professor or above on the Master Clinician or Academic Track.
About the Appointment:
- The ideal candidate will have goals to advance the treatment of shoulder and elbow conditions through acute fracture care and reconstructive options.
- The Department is seeking an individual with a strong interest in upper extremity and trauma surgery.
- This full-time position will include clinical duties working at Regions Hospital in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Regions Hospital is a Level 1 Adult Trauma Center.
About the Department:
With a reputation for accurate, right-the-first-time diagnoses and complete treatment options, our orthopedics specialty team is highly trained and experienced. University of Minnesota Medical Center has earned Blue Distinction Centers+ for Knee and Hip Surgery and Blue Distinction Centers+ for Spine Surgery. These designations recognize hospitals for their expertise and efficiency in delivering specialty care. US News & World Report has also designated University of Minnesota Medical Center as a high performing hospital for orthopedics.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME orthopedic surgery residency and/or fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified in orthopedic surgery.
- Preference will be given to candidates with fellowships or experience in upper extremity and trauma surgery.
This position is open until filled. Applications should be submitted to the University of Minnesota's online employment system at humanresources.umn.edu/content/find-job job opening ID 335628. In addition, please send a curriculum vitae/bibliography and the names of three references to:
Peter Cole, MD
Professor, University of Minnesota
Chief of Orthopedics, Regions Hospital
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.