Full-Time Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery Opportunity
Beacon Bone and Joint Specialists (BBJS) is seeking to hire a full-time BC/BE orthopaedic trauma surgeon to join an established practice. Join a busy clinical service with a large volume of high energy blunt and penetrating trauma. BBJS current practice includes 9 orthopaedic surgeons with subspecialty training in arthroplasty, hand and upper extremity, shoulder and elbow, sports, oncology and 3 orthopedic traumatologists. The service line is supported by in-office non-operative sports medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, bone health/osteoporosis specialty care and 8 nurse practitioners/physician assistants. BBJS provides orthopaedic coverage for Memorial Hospital of South Bend, the region’s busiest trauma center. New graduate physicians or those still in training are welcome to apply. Successful candidates will thrive in a collaborative environment and be committed to furthering the practice and trauma program. Candidates should be comfortable with the whole spectrum of orthopedic trauma surgery, including the treatment of multiply injured polytrauma patients, pelvis and acetabular fractures, periarticular fractures, fracture related infections, nonunions and malunions. Furthermore, there is opportunity for academic and research affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma surgery; interest in sub-specialties would be welcome.
- Licensed or ability to become licensed in the State of Indiana
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary with base $700,000 plus productivity incentives
- Call pay stipend per shift
- Free standing ambulatory surgery center (ASC) with opportunity to invest
- Orthopedic co-management metrics with opportunity for cost saving bonus
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403(b) w/ employer matching
- 457(b) tax-deferred investment option
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance
- Educational loan assistance negotiable
- 5 weeks paid time off annually
- 1 week paid CME with annual CME stipend
- 6 paid Holidays
- Dedicated, no-release orthopedic trauma clean-up room limits post call responsibilities
- Dedicated orthopedic trauma OR block time with supporting ortho staff
- State-of-the-art operating theaters and imaging including Ziehm Vision RFD 3D, O-arm, Radlink
- Orthopedic/Neurosurgery/Pain focused ASC opening spring 2023
- Central location with office immediately adjacent to the hospital
- In office mini-fluoroscopy, procedure rooms and updated PACS system
- Hospital ancillary services: PT, OT, wound care, rehab, hospitalists, specialties including plastic surgery, vascular surgery, surgical critical care
- Thriving multi-specialty medical group with increased dedicated orthopedic referrals
- Weekday practice based on patient care (2 days clinic, 3 days OR)
- Occasional weekend call responsibilities shared evenly
- Call 3-5 days per month, includes covering Level II ACS Trauma
- 0.5 days per week for protected administrative work
South Bend is home to Notre Dame, a Top-25 Academic University with Division-1 sports. Here you will enjoy the beauty of Midwest living. This friendly, vibrant community blends small-town charm with a bevy of big-city cultural and recreational attractions. With a population of over 300,000 (and catchment of 1-million), provides everything you and your family needs: quality public and private schools; housing that boasts architectural design and structural integrity unmatched anywhere else in Indiana. Many recreational opportunities that showcase the best northern Indiana has to offer with local vineyards, surrounding cultural districts and collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and 35 minutes away from the beautiful 3rd coast beaches of Michigan. In addition to favorable malpractice rates, Indiana has one of the lowest costs of living in the country, and South Bend was even featured on the NBC’s “Today” show as the No. 1 pick of the top 10 cities nationwide with the best housing values. And if you like big cities, we are nestled between Chicago, IL (90-minutes) and Indianapolis, IN (2.5hrs).
For more information, or to submit your CV, please contact:
Caren Foster, Director Physician Recruiting
Office: 574-647-1647 Cell: 318-465-6445
MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect with heart.
VALUES: Trust / Respect / Integrity / Compassion
Personally Connect, Keep everyone informed, Be on their team
Location: OrthoIndy, Indianapolis, IN
Position: Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
Institution: OrthoIndy, PC
We have an incredible opportunity available in our dynamic and growing partnership to join OrthoIndy as an Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon. The Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon is a full-time, exempt position who will be BC/BE in Orthopedics/fellowship trained in trauma (or planned fellowship for 2022-2023, and 2023-2024). A new associate would be eligible for shareholder status in the corporation upon ABOS certification and other requirements.
Candidates with second fellowship or subspecialty interest, such as Upper Extremity, Orthopedic Oncology, Foot and Ankle are also encouraged to apply. Development of secondary practice interest is encouraged to promote longevity of our trauma practice.
Join 6 other fellowship trained trauma surgeons with experience ranging from 1-29 years.
- 4-6 call nights per month covering Level 1 Trauma
- Acute trauma (high and low energy)
- Average 4-6 cases and 2-3 consults per call day
- Dedicated ortho trauma room 7 days per week
- Strong support with 24/7 APP coverage of ER
- Opportunity to teach & mentor fellows and 1 visiting resident
The practice and subspecialty group have an interest in re-energizing our research program. Candidates with a strong interest in clinical research are encouraged to apply as we have a full-time Trauma Research Coordinator and existing fracture database. Financial support and compensation for publications is a potential option.
OrthoIndy (OI), is a well-established 50 surgeon orthopedic group in Indianapolis, Indiana. Currently, we offer expertise in all orthopedic subspecialties including knee and cartilage restoration, total joint replacement/reconstruction, bone tumor/soft tissue oncology, foot and ankle, hand and upper extremity, interventional pain management, pediatric orthopedics, spine, shoulder and shoulder replacement, sports medicine, and trauma.
Indianapolis, the capital of Indiana, is a city with a population of over 875,000. Considered the racing capital of the world, as it is the home of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the amateur sports capital of the world, Indy provides diverse options for fine dining, music, theater, wineries/craft breweries, and outdoor recreation! For more information about Life in Indy check out the Indy Influencers website at: https://lifeinindy.com/what-is-life-in-indy/.
At OrthoIndy, we are TEAM OI, which makes up our organizational values. Team, Excellence, Accountability, Motivation, Outcomes, Innovation. Join TEAM OI.
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Required Credentials: BC/BE in Orthopedics / fellowship trained in trauma