Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
Fort Wayne Orthopedics is a cohesive & progressive independent practice based in Fort Wayne, IN with 24 Physicians and 25 APP’s servicing northeast Indiana.
We are seeking a BC/BE orthopedic surgeon with trauma fellowship training to be our second trauma surgeon serving Lutheran Hospital. Lutheran is a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma tertiary referral center which is part of an eight-hospital network with three helicopters servicing the region. Will participate in dedicated daytime trauma rotation in addition to a paid overnight trauma call rotation currently 1:13. Dedicated Trauma OR block, OR team and anesthesia plus the support of two rounding/surgical assist APP’s.
Our opportunity includes:
• Loan assistance
• Relocation assistance
• Fellowship stipend
• Opportunity for partnership and investment in surgical facilities– eligible for consideration after 2 years
• Experienced surgical colleagues/mentors
• Access to award-winning surgical facilities and latest technology at The Orthopedic Hospital
Fort Wayne is Indiana’s second-largest city, is a three-time All-America City Award winner, and is consistently cited for our outstanding medical services, low cost of living and warm Hoosier Hospitality. Our region has the best in Midwest recreation with rivers, lakes, parks and trails. Close proximity to Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis and Cincinnati. https://www.greaterfortwayneinc.com/community/
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery Opportunity
Multispecialty medical group employment opportunity: seeking to hire a full-time BC/BE orthopaedic trauma surgeon to meet the demands of a large health system referral base in a suburban community of Northcentral Indiana with a busy Level-2 well-developed trauma program. Historic trends show progressive increase in local trauma and referral/transfer cases prompting this recruitment. Join an established practice of 6 orthopaedic surgeons (1 Arthroplasty, 1 Hand, 1 Shoulder/Elbow, 2 Trauma, 1 Trauma/Tumor) and 3 non-operative sports medicine specialists. Trauma fellowship training is required with a desire to manage polytrauma cases, peri-articular fractures, pelvis/acetabular fractures, nonunions, infections and occasional pediatric fracture work. Candidate interest in foot and ankle trauma/reconstruction, pelvic cases and arthroplasty is a bonus to the group’s needs. Experience this unique opportunity to join a patient-centric, enthusiastic practice with administrative support to expand and prioritize the orthopaedic service line.
Located just 90-miles east of Chicago, the community boasts family friendly Midwest living and is home to a renowned Top-25 Academic University with Division-1 sports (see below).
- Central location with brand new office adjacent to the hospital
- Potential for satellite regional clinics to expand your practice/exposure
- Dedicated team of orthopaedic physician extenders (7 NPs, PAs)
- In office mini-fluoroscopy, procedure rooms and updated PACS system
- State-of-the-art operating theaters and imaging including navigation, Radlink, O-Arm
- Main and ASC operating options (likely to expand)
- Dedicated OR block time with supporting ortho staff
- Exceptional ER staff eases on-call responsibilities
- Dedicated, no-release ortho trauma clean-up room limits post call responsibilities
- Hospital ancillary services: PT, OT, wound care, rehab, hospitalists, specialty referrals
- Growing medical system with increased dedicated ortho referrals
- Collegial ortho group with shared decision making and focus on patient care and outcomes
- Excellent base salary and wRVU productivity incentives
- Low malpractice state with tort reform
- Supportive office staff and hospital/medical group administration
- Academic affiliation and research opportunities with the Indiana University School of Medicine and the University of Notre Dame.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary with index contract guarantee + additional pay for call
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403(b) w/ employer matching
- 457(b) tax-deferred investment option
- Paid Malpractice with Tail coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Educational Loan Assistance negotiable
- Generous Vacation Time
- 1 week paid CME leave with Annual CME Stipend
- Licensed or ability to become licensed in the State of Indiana
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma with other sub-specialty interests encouraged (arthroplasty, sports, peds)
- Weekday practice based on patient care (2days clinic, 3days OR)
- Occasional Weekend Call Responsibilities shared evenly
- Call 3-5 days per month, includes covering trauma
Enjoy the beauty of Midwest living in a friendly, vibrant community that blends small-town charm with a bevy of big-city cultural and recreational attractions. The South Bend area, with a population of over 300,000 (and catchment of 1-million), provides everything you and your family needs: quality public and private schools; housing that boasts architectural design and structural integrity unmatched anywhere else in Indiana; and recreational opportunities that showcase the best northern Indiana has to offer with local vineyards, surrounding cultural districts and collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and 35 minutes away from the beautiful 3rd coast beaches of Michigan. Local home of the University of Notre Dame with opportunity for cultural and sporting activities.
In addition to favorable malpractice rates, Indiana has one of the lowest costs of living in the country, and South Bend was even featured on the NBC’s “Today” show as the No. 1 pick of the top 10 cities nationwide with the best housing values. And if you like big cities, we are nestled between Chicago, IL (90-minutes) and Indianapolis, IN (2.5hrs).
For more information please contact:
Beacon Medical Group Physician Recruitment Director