Memorial Hospital of Carbondale will become a Level II Trauma Center in 2018, the only such center for over 350,000 residents.The hospital will be the only Trauma Center in southern Illinois affiliated with Barnes Jewish Hospital and this will allow the facility to retain major trauma patients as well as be able to accept transfers from other hospitals in the region.
Southern Illinois Healthcare is a member of the BJC Collaborative, a partnership among healthcare systems throughout Illinois, Missouri, and eastern Kansas. The Collaborative members work together to improve access to and quality of medical care for patient, create additional efficiencies that will benefit our communities, achieve savings, and lower health care costs. Barnes Jewish will collaborate with the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Director.
- All candidates must be BC/BE
- Fellowship trained or have substantial experience in adult orthopedic trauma
- Licensed to practice medicine with no restrictions.
Details of the Opportunity:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Currently recruiting two orthopedic traumatologists
- Can join local orthopedic practice on a partner track or choose to be employed by SIH Medical Group
- Orthopedic trauma call approximately 10 days a month
- Clinical responsibilities include all surgical care of orthopedic trauma patients
- Support from 4 trauma surgeons
- State-of-the-art technologies and equipment
- Will be provided an advanced practice provider who would assist with pre-op and post-op cases, as well as assist in surgeries
Physician Relations & Recruitment Specialist
SIH Medical Group
1239 E. Main Street / PO Box 3988
Carbondale, IL 62901
Office: 618-457-5200 ext. 67161