Location: Urbana, Illinois
Position: Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery Position at Level I Trauma Center
Hospital: Carle Foundation Hospital
Carle Physician Group is seeking a third BE/BC fellowship-trained Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon to join our 20-member Orthopaedics Department in Urbana, Illinois.
Practice Opportunity Details Include:
- Carle Foundation Hospital is a 433-bed Level I Trauma Center and is the largest regional hospital in East Central Illinois
- Champaign-Urbana is a vibrant college town with a population of ~195,000 residents and is home to the Big Ten University of Illinois
- Join a collegial Orthopedic department comprised of 2 other Ortho Trauma surgeons, 4 fellowship-trained hand surgeons, 2 fellowship-trained Ortho & Sports Medicine surgeons, 3 fellowship-trained Adult Reconstruction surgeons, a general Orthopaedic Surgeon and 5 surgical and office-based Podiatrists
- Dedicated OR access for Ortho-Trauma Service
- Two APPs provide clinical support with rounding, dictation, and case management 6 days a week
- Take call and work out of a single hospital - Night/weekend call is shared equally with the members of the Orthopaedic Department
- Dedicated clinic time located at new, 52,000 sq. ft. Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Building
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- Carle Illinois College of Medicine is the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
- Excellent benefit package: health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
Required Credentials: must be American BE/BC in Orthopaedic Surgery and have completed an Ortho Trauma Fellowship at an accredited program
Amber Favot, Provider Recruiter
Carle is a vertically-integrated health system serving more than 1.4 million people across east central Illinois. Celebrating our third Magnet ® designation for superior nursing care – a standard only 8 percent of hospitals in the United States meet - and named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals in 2019 by Healthgrades, the 433-bed regional hospital is home to the area’s only Level I Trauma Center and Level III Perinatal Services. Carle Physician Group is physician-led and includes more than 500 doctors in 80 specialties and subspecialties providing patient-focused, world-class care. Carle has secured Great Place to Work ® in Healthcare honors in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Carle has also partnered with the University of Illinois to create the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois. With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, our community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.