Who we are looking for:
Kootenai Health is seeking a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner, experienced in orthopedics or other surgical specialties, to practice at our regional referral center hospital located in beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Ideal candidates will have a strong focus on quality, safety, teamwork and patient satisfaction and have experience working in busy surgical clinic and hospital departments.
What you can expect:
- Full-time is no less than 40 hours per week, with 32 hours of patient facing time and an average of 4-6 nights providing trauma call support with surgeons
- APP scope includes: surgery assist, hospital rounding, surgery follow-up appointments, new patient screening appointments, and same day walk-ins
- Competitive compensation package with salary plus potential incentives for productivity and quality, and excess call support
- Robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, CME, sizeable employer retirement contribution, and malpractice (with tail)
- Formal mentorship program to help new providers succeed
- Mayo Clinic Care Network provides clinical resources and direct access to Mayo Clinic specialists
- 331 licensed beds with over 14,500 annual admissions
Who we are:
Kootenai Health is northern Idaho’s only regional referral health system and the largest employer with over 4,000 employees and over 700 medical staff. Our service area includes the Panhandle of north Idaho, western Montana, and eastern Washington. The organization is an independent, not-for-profit, three hospital system, with an integrated multi-specialty group practice, Kootenai Clinic spanning 30+ specialties at 30+ locations in two states. Kootenai Health is nationally recognized for clinical excellence and is the only health system in the Pacific Northwest recognized as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Additional recognitions include Magnet designation for nursing excellence since 2006, a Leapfrog A safety rating, and having achieved the Gallup Great Workplace Award five years in a row. Kootenai Health started the first graduate medical education opportunity in northern Idaho with a University of Washington affiliated Family Medicine Residency, in 2013.
Where we live:
Kootenai Health is located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, a family oriented community that provides an outstanding quality of life with unlimited access to amazing year-round activities with lakes, rivers, mountains, national forests, golf courses, ski resorts, bike trails, shopping, festivals, fairs, art galleries, unique bistros with elegant restaurants, resorts, and much more. Coeur d’Alene is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise!