Well-known in our community for compassionate care, Saint Alphonsus boasts a 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system. Serving areas of Idaho, Oregon, and Nevada, Saint Al’s is a member of one of the largest not-for-profit Catholic healthcare systems in the nation, Trinity Health, and enjoys the support of a larger health system while still maintaining the accessibility and collaboration of a physician-led medical group.
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is seeking a full-time Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon (MD/DO) to practice at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center (SARMC), a Level II Trauma Center. Our 500+ provider multispecialty group embraces a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care and the qualified candidate will be willing to approach patient care and work in partnership with three existing, employed orthopedic trauma surgeons as well as other surgeons in the Saint Alphonsus Trauma Program. Support for this surgical position includes 24/7 Anesthesia, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Radiology (in-house), Vascular & Cardiothoracic Surgery, fellowship trained Intensivists, Cardiologists, Neurologists, Wound & Hyperbaric, ED, ICU, CVICU, NICU, Hospitalist, Diabetes, Inpatient Pain, Palliative Care and more.
This is a full-time position with traditional workweek and periodic weekends, plus call & hospital duties including procedures, rounding, consults & clinic. Call is shared equitably 1:4 which includes evenings and weekends. Trauma Service includes extensive APP support. Benefits include sign-on incentives, student loan repayment, relocation, PTO & CME allocation, malpractice insurance including tail, health/dental/vision, and retirement (403b).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited orthopedic residency program.
- Board certification through the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS) or the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS) or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment.
- Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship preferred with keen ability to treat and manage complex orthopedic pelvic and acetabular fractures in addition to general acute orthopedic conditions.
- Member in good standing of the Orthopedic Trauma Association.
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at SARMC and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
Community: Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play and is currently considered in the top 3 states to practice medicine!
Interested in learning more? Please contact our orthopedic physician recruiter, Jason Schultz at Jason.email@example.com or 208-302-9132.
Location- Pocatello, ID
Position- Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
Hospital/Institution- Portneuf Medical Center
Portneuf Medical Group located in Pocatello, ID-52 mi from Idaho Falls- is looking for a BE/BC Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon to join its hospital-employed multi-specialty group.
About the Position:
- Joining 2 Ortho Trauma Surgeons, a Sports Medicine Surgeon, a Spine Surgeon, and a fellowship-trained joint replacement surgeon
- Hospital-employed position within a multispecialty group
- Level II Trauma Center
- Dedicated Trauma Service for patient admits
- Surgical Group Includes 10 surgeons, 2 NP’s, and 4 PA’s
- Ortho Group includes 4 physicians, 3 PA’s
- Procedures: acetabular fractures and pelvic fractures, polytrauma, long bone fractures, malunion, nonunion, infection, periarticular fractures, pediatric fractures.
- Fellowship in Trauma Required
- Call 1:3, 10 days per month
- APP support
- EMR: Epic
Recruitment Package May Include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
- J-1 waiver support via State Conrad 30, ARC, DRA, HHS based on location and specialty
About Portneuf Medical Center: In a joint venture partnership with the Portneuf Health Trust, Ardent operates Portneuf Medical Center located in Pocatello, ID. The mission of Portneuf Medical Center is simple: World-class care, every patient, every time. Serving the healthcare needs of Eastern Idaho since 1907, Portneuf Medical Center strives to deliver a higher level of care and a healthier community as a 205-licensed-bed acute care facility.
About the Community:
- Located in southeast Idaho
- Lower cost of living
- Home to Idaho State University
- Within 3 hours of Sun Valley, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole, WY and The Grand Tetons, and Salt Lake City, UT
- Premier fly-fishing, skiing, hiking, biking, and many outdoor adventures all nearby
This is a unique opportunity to take advantage of the great outdoors in a town often referred to as the "Hidden Jewel of the Northwest" while pursuing your career goals.
To learn more contact Providerrecruitment@ardenthealth.com.
Required Credentials- Candidate will be BE/BC in Orthopedic Surgery and will have completed an Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship.
Contact Information- ProviderRecruitment@ardenthealth.com
If a name is required: Helene Gleason
Director, Provider Sourcing