Well-known in our community for compassionate care, Saint Alphonsus boasts a 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system. Serving areas of Idaho, Oregon, and Nevada, Saint Al’s is a member of one of the largest not-for-profit Catholic healthcare systems in the nation, Trinity Health, and enjoys the support of a larger health system while still maintaining the accessibility and collaboration of a physician-led medical group.
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is seeking a full-time Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon (MD/DO) to practice at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center (SARMC), a Level II Trauma Center. Our 500+ provider multispecialty group embraces a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care and the qualified candidate will be willing to approach patient care and work in partnership with three existing, employed orthopedic trauma surgeons as well as other surgeons in the Saint Alphonsus Trauma Program. Support for this surgical position includes 24/7 Anesthesia, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Radiology (in-house), Vascular & Cardiothoracic Surgery, fellowship trained Intensivists, Cardiologists, Neurologists, Wound & Hyperbaric, ED, ICU, CVICU, NICU, Hospitalist, Diabetes, Inpatient Pain, Palliative Care and more.
This is a full-time position with traditional workweek and periodic weekends, plus call & hospital duties including procedures, rounding, consults & clinic. Call is shared equitably 1:4 which includes evenings and weekends. Trauma Service includes extensive APP support. Benefits include sign-on incentives, student loan repayment, relocation, PTO & CME allocation, malpractice insurance including tail, health/dental/vision, and retirement (403b).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited orthopedic residency program.
- Board certification through the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS) or the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS) or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment.
- Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship preferred with keen ability to treat and manage complex orthopedic pelvic and acetabular fractures in addition to general acute orthopedic conditions.
- Member in good standing of the Orthopedic Trauma Association.
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at SARMC and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
Community: Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play and is currently considered in the top 3 states to practice medicine!
Interested in learning more? Please contact our orthopedic physician recruiter, Jason Schultz at Jason.email@example.com or 208-302-9132.