Evidence-Based Medicine Resource List: Pelvis
These articles have been recommended as excellent sources of educational information. The permission of each varies.
- Pelvis (Pelvis) Article: Sacral Fractures Author: Samir Mehta , MD , Joshua D. Auerbach, MD, Christopher T. Born, MD, and Kingsley R. Chin, MD Journal: JAAOS Volume: Vol. 14, No. 12, November 2006, pp 656-665
- Pelvis (Pelvis) Article: Diagnosis and Management of Sacral Spine Fractures Author: Alexander R. Vaccaro, David H. Kim, Darrel S. Brodke, Mitchel Harris, Jens Chapman, Thomas Schildhauer, M.L. Chip Routt and Rick C. Sasso Journal: JBJS Volume: Vol. 86-A, No. 1, Jan 2004, pp 165-175
- Pelvis (Pelvis) Article: Circumferential Pelvic Antishock Sheeting: A Temporary Resuscitation Aid Author: M.L. Chip Routt, Jr., Alexis Falicov, Emma Woodhouse, and Thomas A Schildhauer Journal: JOT Volume: Vol. 20, No. 1 Supp, Jan 2006, pp S3-S6
- Pelvis (Pelvis) Article: Innominosacral Dissociation: Mechanism of Injury as a Predictor of Resuscitation Requirements, Morbidity, and Mortality Author: M. Gordon Whitbeck Jr., H. Jay Zwally II, and Andrew R. Burgess Journal: JOT Volume: Vol. 20, No. 1 Supp, Jan 2006, pp S57-S63
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Pelvic Ring Disruptions: Effective Classification System and Treatment Protocols. Author: Burgess AR, Eastridge BJ, Young JW, et al. J Trauma. 1990;30(7):848-856.
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Iliosacral Screw Fixation: Early Complications of the Percutaneous Technique. Author: Routt ML Jr, Simonian PT, Mills WJ. J Orthop Trauma. 1997;11(8):584-589.
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Internal Fixation of Unstable Pelvic Ring Injuries. Author: Matta JM, Tornetta P III. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1996;329:129-140.
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Comparative Radiographic and Clinical Outcome of Two-hole and Multi-hole Symphyseal Plating. Author: Sagi HC, Papp S. J Orthop Trauma. 2008;22(6):373-378.
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of a Traumatic Diastasis of the Pubic Symphysis: One-year Radiological and Functional Outcomes. Author: Putnis SE, Pearce R, Wali, UJ, Bircher MD, Rickman MS. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011;93(1):78-84.
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Functional Outcomes in Women After High-Energy Pelvic Ring Injury. Author: Vallier HA, Cureton BA, Schubeck D, Wang XF. J Orthop Trauma. 2012;26(5):296-301
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Nonoperative Immediate Weight Bearing of Minimally Displaced Lateral Compression Sacral Fractures Does Not Result in Displacement. Author: Sembler Soles GL, Lien J, Tornetta P 3rd. J Orthop Trauma. 2012 Oct;26(10):563-7.
- Pelvis (Pelvic Ring) Article: Nonoperative Treatment of Intermediate Severity Lateral Compression Type 1 Pelvic Ring Injuries with Minimally Displaced Complete Sacral Fracture. Author: Gaski GE, Manson TT, Castillo RC, Slobogean GP, OʼToole RV. J Orthop Trauma. 2014 Dec;28(12):674-80.
- Pelvis (Acetabular Fractures) Article: Two to Twenty-year Survivorship of the Hip in 810 Patients with Operatively Treated Acetabular Fractures. Author: Tannast M, Najibi S, Matta JM. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012 Sep 5; 94(17):1559-67.
- Pelvis (Acetabular Fractures) Article: Embolization of Pelvic Arterial Injury is a Risk Factor for Deep Infection after Acetabular Fracture Surgery. Author: Manson TT, Perdue PW, Pollak AN, OʼToole RV. J Orthop Trauma. 2013 Jan; 27(1):11-5.
- Pelvis (Acetabular Fractures) Article: Indomethacin Prophylaxis for Heterotopic Ossification After Acetabular Fracture Surgery Increases the Risk for Nonunion of the Posterior Wall. Author: Sagi HC, Jordan CJ, Barei DP, Serrano-Riera R, Steverson B. J Orthop Trauma. 2014 Jul; 28(7):377-83.
- Pelvis (Acetabular Fractures) Article: Indomethacin Compared with Localized Irradiation for the Prevention of Heterotopic Ossification Following Surgical Treatment of Acetabular Fractures. Author: Burd TA1, Lowry KJ, Anglen JO. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2001 Dec; 83-A(12):1783-8.
- Pelvis (Acetabular Fractures) Article: Acetabular Fracture Fixation via a Modified Stoppa Limited Intrapelvic Approach. Description of Operative Technique and Preliminary Treatment Results. Author: Cole JD, Bolhofner BR. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1994 Aug;(305):112-23.
- Pelvis (Acetabular Fractures) Non-operative Management of Acetabular Fractures. The Use of Dynamic Stress Views. Author: Tornetta P 3rd. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1999 Jan;81(1):67-70.
Return to Resource List